Hail Mary for Universal Last Minute Trip Dec 24/25!

No largely because I figured with only one day for each park and it being insanely busy it wouldnt make sense to spend time park hopping (times 7 people) is a chunk of change for a train ride but I’m open minded…disagree?

Strongly.

If you’re remotely interested in Harry Potter, the Hogwart’s Express (in both directions) is a major part of the experience.

5 Likes

IOA can be limited in things to do in a full day. It is usually customary to get the park-to-park so you are not limited and can have more flexibility. Having EP should make the Hogwart’s Express wait very manageable.

3 Likes

So how would you work that in given previous rough plan? Do Hogsmeade, VC and Kong, Hulk etc eat lunch and then ride Hogwarts Express to USF and walk to hotel for break? Is it something we’d want to ride more than once? Grandma has never done IOA but has done USF. Is it open as a part of early access? Do people ever ride it roundtrip?

IMO a Park to Park ticket is more important than riding the train. For instance. After your IOA morning, you could just exit through the main entrance. But, now you would have the option to go to USF in the afternoon. See some shows or Diagon Alley or whatever. It’s just nice to mix things up. Also, since IOA (10:00) is open an hour later than USF (9:00), you could ride back to Hogsmeade and close out the park there.

I will say though, you should experience the train at least once. Just walking up to it before boarding is really special. It’s the atmosphere. The experience is different both ways, it’s a different story on the train. Grandma would absolutely love Hogwart’s Express!

3 Likes

Is there Ollivanders at both parks? And both parks do the show?

Premier seating means that you are behind everyone with reservations and ahead of other walk-ups. So, it doesn’t mean much anyplace that is 100% reserved, but means a great deal at the few places that don’t take reservations.

Your HP nuts will want to take the train. They will also want to do it both directions. It isn’t like WDW, and more like DL. The parks are right next to each other. In the past, on really busy days they’ve opened up a walkway between the two parks for park hopping. Without Express Passes, the wait for the train would be bad. But, with them it will be fine. We treated both HP areas as one park and hopped just for Ice Cream.

If the people in the London Train Station make a comment about your bathrobe, say “Thank You, but I forgot my towel”.

1 Like

This is very helpful thank you! Anywhere that you’d recommend that doesn’t take reservations?

I would check out Finnigan’s at USF. They seem to have availability. Here is the menu and to book reservations:

Since you have a Landry’s card, Bubba Gump is likely your best option. Your trip sounds like great fun. Do you have your tickets linked in the app? If so, could I trouble you to try something for me and see if the problem is on my end, or on Universal’s end? I am having trouble changing the dates on my tickets that start on 12/31 (that I have changed at least 3 times before). Thanks!

1 Like

Right now in the app I can click on change dates and it’s showing me alternative dates on the calendar view that I can change it to and allowing me to click on them, that’s as far as I took it.

Okay, so it is on my end that it isn’t working. Thank you so much for checking.

Booked Finnegans for Saturday thanks! Now will have to figure out something on the fly for lunch and dinner tomorrow (as well as order of attractions yikes!). Deep breaths, one thing at a time! Is it worth doing a trip report?

I would walk up to Jake’s at your hotel. I believe that the hotel restaurants are still accepting Priority Seating. Maybe you can hit that on your way in or out of a break.

I wouldn’t worry about a certain order of attractions. Adding, These are great shows at USF: Bourne, Make-up Show, Animal Actors.

1 Like

It is compulsory.

3 Likes

Awesome thank you so much! Noted!

Roger that starting now!

1 Like

With Express Passes you don’t need to figure out an order of attractions. Just plan when you will do the non-express pass rides and when you will eat. Universal does mobile ordering so maybe your lunch order for today now.

1 Like