Had one of those life altering phone calls today…

My mom has advanced ovarian cancer. Treatment to start immediately. My mom, sister, daughter and myself are all registered to run together during Princess Weekend end of February. Obviously those plans are being tossed to focus on kicking cancer’s a**.

I know the official Disney policy is no cancellations, refunds, transfers, etc. Does anyone have any experiences that have led to exceptions to this policy?

6 Likes

What a punch in the gut. You know I’m in the DFW area if I can help with anything at all. Meal train? DM me if there is anything I can do

6 Likes

I am so very sorry to read this. And I wish her and all of you the very best on the journey to kick its a**

Definitely reach out to inquire with runDisney. The worst they could say is no, but I sure hope they don’t.

Hugs to you. You must be so very scared for her. We are here for you.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that @DeepInTheHeartofTexas
Wishing your and your family all the best :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thank you all so much. It has been a shock for sure. She is a strong woman. We are leaning on the Lord and one another as we walk into this valley together. Her oncologist has been very positive and is a cancer survivor himself. We are not without hope!

9 Likes

I’m so sorry for this news.
Praying for her, and all of you.
Phil 4:19
:heart: :heart:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that. I would hope that they will work with you. And I also hope that your mum makes a ful recovery and the 4 of you get to run at Disney together further down the line.

1 Like

I am so sorry to read this. I will be thinking of your family.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this. It really does shake up life’s priorities. Definitely reach out to RunDisney - the worst they can say is no! Sending hugs.

1 Like

Sending my best to your Mom and all of you -

One data point: My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer right before our first family trip about 10 years ago. When we called Disney and explained the situation, the CM did not miss a beat and cancelled everything for us on the spot.

7 Likes

That is very encouraging, thank you. This news just kind of knocks you down, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

This news just kind of knocks you down, doesn’t it?

Yes, It does.

But so many advances in medicine - after a short amount of time we realized detection is good news.
My wife is cancer free for years now and just reaching the last of her preventative long term treatments.

Sending good vibes to your Mom for a similar outcome. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m so so sorry. When I read your trip report earlier about the fluid removed … I had a bad feeling. Hugs and prayers to you all!

2 Likes

F*CK cancer!
Definitely reach out to runDisney.
Sending positive vibes your way. Your mom can beat this.
Stay strong. You got this.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. Hugs. I hope it goes well to change the trip.

1 Like

No experience canceling run Disney but just hear to say I’m sorry about your moms diagnosis and will keep her in my prayers.

1 Like

what a massive hit. so sorry. thinking about you, your mom, and your family. sending all positive energy and healing.

1 Like