Guest Services at Universal

I am going to UOR at the end of May and will be using an expired ticket purchased from Undercover Tourist, applied toward new tickets. I was told I have to do this at Guest Services, in person (I tried calling UT, UOR, and GS and they all confirmed). Two questions:

1. Where is the best place to go for GS? Is there a place at Hard Rock Hotel?
  2. Will they apply what I paid for the ticket or what the value of the ticket is? The words the team member used on the phone was what I “paid” for the tickets.

Unfortunately, this all means I can’t take advantage of special pricing and can’t lock in my tickets until the day I’m there, which I’m a little miffed about - I’d much rather get on the phone and resolve it beforehand. But oh, well.

There is a place is CityWalk. It is in the central spine of CityWalk before you turn left or right to go to one of the parks. It is on the left, and the surf shop is across the aisle from it.

My experience with something similar was that it was the price paid, not the value. Which was disappointing since I’d had a discount.

3 Likes

bummer.

Does anyone know if the expiration on Universal tickets has been extended? I think mine expire end of 2020 originally, but Disney is extending theirs, so curious if UOR will do the same.

In addition to the CityWalk location there’s a Vacation Planning desk at the hotel that can help (haven’t tried, but if it’s not busy worth a check) along with Guest Relations at each of the parks (both are located to the right of the entrance).

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, how do they know what you paid if you bought it from Undercover Tourist? If you’re just showing the ticket, does it have a cost paid on it? I only ask because I know when I have used UT tickets to upgrade to a pass, I got the value of the full price of the ticket applied toward the pass, not what I paid through UT.

1 Like

Good question - same thing for me when I bought WDW tickets through UT and upgraded them at GS. They applied the value of the tickets, not what I paid. So I hope that happens again for UOR, but they told me it would be what I paid.

In my case I bought them at Sam’s. I assume they knew how much of a discount they give to Sam’s. I had been told on the phone with customer service that it would be the value. But, Universal doesn’t seem to have the fine details consistent.

1 Like

So does it actually say on the ticket that it’s from Sam’s? On UT tickets, there’s no indication anywhere that it came from UT. At least mine didn’t. It looked like a regular Universal ticket.

1 Like

My tickets from UT look like UOR tickets but they do have bar codes and other reference numbers that could indicate the vendor if they have it in their system. Also has the date of purchase.

I don’t remember. Mine were a Print-From-Home tickets, so they were each a piece of paper with a barcode and stuff.
This is my guess, if they can figure out what you paid, they credit that. If they can’t you’ll get the value.

1 Like

I will be curious to hear how this all works out for you. Be sure to keep us posted.

2 Likes

I had to visit guest services b/c we had military tickets. It was really easy. We were staying at the Portofino and there was a guest services right there, in the main part of the lobby, I think (it’s been awhile). I’m pretty sure the Hard Rock would also have one. I was very worried, like you were, but this was quick and easy.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s reassuring.

1 Like

All the hotels can do tickets but if you get in late like I did and the hotel ticket desk is closed the one in citywalk near the escalators is open late and you can take care of it there if you want to do it before the park opens so you don’t waste precious morning hours dealing with it.

2 Likes

Where would we go to put my daughter’s insulin pen in a refrigerator? Is this guest services or is there a medical place?

1 Like

Check out First Aid.

1 Like