Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

I wonder about this too. With BG1, I want it to last 8 weeks!

1 Like

So by this, we should hit join virtual cue on the homepage a little before 7:00, then click confirm party on the 2nd page, then wait on the 3rd page and hit refresh at 6:59:59, right? It sounds like that’s what ThorKat did as well. I practiced a lot before doing this for RotR, just haven’t had time before this trip since they just started boarding groups.

2 Likes

That’s important to know about ILL.

Best to VQ for the first time at least.

3 Likes

This is true of so very many things!!

Very much like Flight of Passage. You miss SOOOOOOOO much going through the ILL line! I know so many bloggers/podcasters/vloggers who were SHOCKED at the detail in the queue when the parks reopened and there were no FP+ or equivalent so everyone went through the primary queue.

But there is actual verbal information and other info about Xandar in the main GOTGCR queue - in FOP it is just the exquisite detail.

2 Likes

Correct. Confirm your party before 7, so you are not rushed at 7.

I also practiced a lot for ROTR earlier last year. But in September, when Disney changed the process, MDE now checks to see if you have a park reservation earlier in the joining process. That made practicing ahead of time pretty much worthless.

Here is the step by step with screenshots if interested:

2 Likes

9 weeks so it includes my whole trip would be better!

2 Likes

I can’t find a more recently used thread about GotG but here is an important data point:

https://twitter.com/thrilldata/status/1533501278201991169?s=21&t=IAN3QOgRJ_d8Uo_Dl7GIPg

11 Likes

bebe80-Just wanted to say thanks for all of the advice about obtaining a boarding group. We just returned from our trip-your advice paid off for us-

8 Likes

Today VQ was open until 2:27pm according to Thrill Data. That means hoppers could have theoretically gotten a BG and ridden GotG.

15 Likes

Wow. I wonder what their time related cut-off point is for VQ.

So, for example:

If the VQ does not sell out in X minutes for 5 days straight, then abandon the use of a VQ.

1 Like

I really hope they hang on to the VQ until after our July trip!

3 Likes

Why is this better than just a LL?

Also - question for anyone - do you have to have a BG for riding, or is there a standby? I thought it was BG only, but that screen shot shows estimated wait time of 105 minutes.

Because it is free.

The BG IS the standby line, in a sense.

3 Likes

The BG might be a wait of up to an hour but a standby line is likely to be twice that or more. We’re not planning to RD EP in our first week so no chance of being first on. We are RDing in our second week so that wouldn’t be as critical.

We’ll buy the ILL too but want 2 rides.

1 Like

There’s no standby option at the moment. I’m guessing that could change at some point like it did for Rise.

2 Likes

Me too - we only have 2 park days and one is the EP/HS. I would rather RD HS, but am starting at EP so I can get LL and BG. I would rather RD HS olso hope they make a decision before APRs run out!

1 Like

Good point about the APRs!

1 Like

But if it left VQ and just went to LL. Not ILL.

It would be Standby & ILL

3 Likes