Groceries?

We are staying at the Hard Rock in Universal. Is there a way to get groceries [mainly drinks and snacks for the kids] sent to the hotel. I do believe there are a few shops on Universal, but I am trying to avoid the jacked up prices. Or is there a place on Universal to shop, I don’t mind paying a little more, but don’t want to spend three bucks for every can of soda or bottle of water.

I just copied & pasted the info directly from the TP site –

If you don’t have a car or you don’t want to take the time to go to the supermarket, Orlando Grocery Express and WeGoShop will both shop for you and deliver your groceries. The best way to compile your order for either is online before you leave home. Orlando Grocery Express’s webpage lets you select from a wide selection of items (listed with photos and prices), while WeGoShop simply takes your typed shopping list to the grocery store you request and buys at market rates. Both deliver to all on-site Universal resorts, but Orlando Grocery Express requires Hard Rock Hotel and Cabana Bay guests to be present between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. to accept delivery in person; the other hotels will hold deliveries at bell service. Orlando Grocery Express charges a flat $14 delivery with a $40 minimum order; orders over $200 are delivered free. WeGoShop charges on a sliding scale, from $21 for up to a $50 grocery bill, to 14% of the total for bills over $300; a $3 fuel surcharge levied on all orders and a 15% mandatory gratuity for deliveries left at bell services. Finally, Amazon Prime subscribers can try ordering groceries through Prime Now Pantry. The selection is limited, but delivery is free within a 2 hour window, and 1 hour delivery is available. You must be present for delivery of perishables, alcohol, or orders over $500.

2 Likes