Grandparent FL Resident - buying tickets for grandkids (minors)

Can a grandparent who lives in FL buy tickets for her granddaughters (8 & 11 yrs old) with FL resident discount. It looks like Disney website now verified FL DL online, if so will there be any trouble when kids are entering the parks if parents aren’t FL residents? Grandma would not go to the parks. It seems risky - I want to follow the rules but if it’s allowed it will obviously save us money. I am seeing conflicting information online, some answers indicate you have to activate tickets at parks or Disney springs w resident present - other answers say you can activate them online when you buy and verify FL resident DL. I figured someone on here might know. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Yes you can- I would totally trust pD on this one-

“You absolutely can purchase Florida Resident theme park tickets online for your grandchildren as long as they are under the age of 18. Just make sure to activate them by showing your Proof of Florida Residency at any ticket window at the theme parks or the Disney Springs Guest Services location.”

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/florida-resident-able-purchase-discount-ticket-grandkids-510886/

1 Like

It can be done for sure if the grandparents will be onsite to activate the tickets ahead of the first park day. After activation the grandparents do not have to be with the kids, the tickets will function like any other ticket.

If you’re talking about grandparents who live in another part of the state and aren’t coming on the trip at all I’m not sure if that will work. I do know they’ve added some functionally to proving residency online when you purchase but it’s only if you have a Florida ID so we haven’t been able to use it personally. My parents kept their out of state ID because they split their time so they’ve used other documents to prove residency which have to be shown in person.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you. Yeah my parent has a FL ID but won’t be present at Disney, so was hoping the tickets can be validated / activated online. I guess I’m wondering if anyone has experience with activating FL resident tickets online when they purchase them (for minors).

Agree.

I would proceed with extreme caution if the g’parents aren’t going to be present to validate FL residency

2 Likes