Grand Royal Horror Not So Scary Birthday

Tomorrow is the day! I’m still so excited I just can’t hide it! My birthday is Saturday and it’s just the four of us and all four of us which is rare these days. Me, DH, DS19 and DD16. Here’s the plan, Stan! (I can’t help quoting the song though there will be no leaving my lover as I’m still madly in love with him 13 years in, 9 of 'em married).

Tomorrow, we fly out of Austin at 10:25am arriving at 1:55pm. I’ve rented a car with National as it wasn’t too much more than our predicted Lyft/Uber needs and we have the Emerald club so it’s fast and easy. We our staying at the Grand Floridian in one of the Mary Poppins themed Resort Villas which I acquired for 60% off what Disney charges by renting points. Plan to visit Enchanted Rose Bar when it opens at 3:30pm and then DH and I have my birthday present date night at V&As. I do not think I can express how excited I am about this!

On my actual birthday aka Saturday:
1:15 p.m. Universal’s Great Movie Escape: Jurassic World.
3:00 p.m. Halloween Horror Nights Scream Early Entry followed by RIP Tour check-in @6:30PM

Sunday:
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Monday:
Grand Floridian Cafe Breakfast and then home.

In and out, but a few bucket list items to check off the list! Plus it’s one of the best holidays there is!

23 Likes

Enjoy your trip! We returned from our WDW trip this afternoon. It was a blast!

Like you and your husband, DW and I just passed 13 years since our first date!

5 Likes

Sounds fab!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to hear you thoughts on the Universal Escape Adventure! I loved it and haven’t had anyone to discuss it with!

It’s going to be so busy at HHN! Be prepared and prioritize your must do activities, houses and food!

Safe travels!

4 Likes

Sounds like an amazing trip!!
Safe travels and have a great time… :smiley::smiley:

3 Likes

Have a great Birthday trip!!

3 Likes

Happy early birthday! I’m excited for you. I hope you have the best time!!

2 Likes

Hey late October birthday pal!!! Your trip sounds amazing and I hope you have a blast!

3 Likes

Happy birthdaaaaaay (tomorrow). Have a wonderful trip! So nice to have the four of you together!

2 Likes

We’re doing RIP so pretty guaranteed to see all ten houses and the show but I called and confirmed they don’t do M3ghan and dementors. But someone said dementors come out at 4pm so while it won’t be dark we’ll try to catch them after riding VillainCon. I did see they have pizza fries at the RIP tour buffet but I’m also interested in the twisted tators. I hope they don’t sell out. And I saw evidence M3GHANS come out as late as 1 something AM so I’m hoping to try and find them after the 4.5 hour tour. Wish me luck!

4 Likes

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!! Y’all are the best online community for real! :wink:

4 Likes

Ours is so easy to remember 10/10/10. We had Italian and he peacocked his brand new iPad he was on while he waited for me and then had to drop it off at his Lexus. I always tease him about how he was flashing he was financially stable. Lol.

Happy lucky 13!

Also it worked. :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah… I saw that posted too… I never saw them early, but I didn’t go into DA until after the event started most days. I hope you get to see them. The M3GANs are a nightmare to find!!! I spent so many days / hours until I, basically, had a meltdown and “begged” employees to tell me!!! Even then they were very tight lipped about the time & locale… I’m so glad I saw them as I watched the movie. However, I can’t advise anyone ever crave out time to sit & wait to try to see them!

I did see them at about 1am when I finally saw them!! It was so late & I was so tired!!

Happy Birthday!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :birthday: :partying_face: :tada:

5 Likes

Trying to figure out where that was taken so we can give it a shot at 1ish. But yeah I’ll prolly just try then and if don’t see it no biggie. Then it’ll just be a pleasant surprise if so.

Simpsons area?

2 Likes

When they do appear, IME, they appear closer to the Beat Builders area…

2 Likes

This sounds like such a great birthday weekend! Have an amazing time!

2 Likes

Ya know what time it it!

13 Likes

I was just reading that the USAF is doing a flyover on Monday around 10:30 AM, MK and Epcot if that interests you.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Maybe we can watch during brunch at hotel. Thanks

2 Likes