Grand Californian Room Finder Tool?

Hello! I was wondering if there was any type of room finder/map/view tool for DLR hotels like TP has for WDW hotels? If not, anyone have input on standard view rooms at GC?

1 Like

We got upgraded from standard view to theme park view a few years ago, so can’t help much there. Regardless, it’s big and a maze, but the location is totally worth it, for great access to either park, imo

2 Likes

We had the same scenario as @nslappin, we were upgraded to a downtown Disney view our one time staying there. We loved this hotel and look forward to staying there again in the near future if we can swing it. Going this summer, but no way we can do it at those prices!

1 Like

Thanks! I get a TA discount which makes a BIG difference, otherwise it really is so expensive! Currently have a standard view booked…thought about upgrading but was advised to wait until checkin b/c if there is availability for an upgrade it’s much cheaper that way. I know that did happen when we stayed at DLH in August w/ a standard room booked. At checkin the CM said “I went ahead and upgraded you to a premium theme park view room at no charge”. Wow! : D

2 Likes

How long ago was this? I also have a TA rate at GC for July 2019 and was going to upgrade at least to woods view.

We stayed a few months ago, in April 2018. I wouldn’t recommend upgrading (depending on crowds, we went in very low crowd weeks). Each time I’ve gone to DLR w/ a TA rate, they automatically upgraded me b/c of the availability! At GC we still technically had a standard view, but it was a nice location, view (and the monorail went by our room)!
At DLH, we had standard and were upgraded to a premium view w/ a centered view of the pool area and theme park view off to the side.