Grand Californian first timer

Hi! We are staying four nights at the Grand Californian in July. It’s our first time. Is there any tips I should know? Also, can you use the pools day one of check in before 3 pm room time. And if so, is a cabana worth it? Thanks so much!

2 Likes

WooHoo, we love GC! Enjoy! As with all resort reservations you are suppose to be able to enjoy all the benefits all day before you check in and after you check out on the last day until park close. I have no idea about a cabana there though.

1 Like

Thanks! We’re excited! In your experience is it hard to get a pool chair? Fam of of 4. We have reservations for uva bar that night but we’re thinking maybe we’d just do dinner by the pool.

well… we didn’t use the pool when we were there in Dec. too cool to swim for us but we saw lots swimming. I can’t really comment on the chair situation. I know there are other Liners w/ experience that will chime in.

Take full advantage of the direct entry to CA from GC… that’s awesome. We loved the Craftsman and the outdoor picnic tables there. We hung out and played cards LOL. Also there are SO many places to hang out around the lobby and on the second floor (more seating near club 33 desk).

2 Likes

I have never had trouble finding a place to put our things but I also didn’t spend much time out of the pool as mine were little and I stayed with them the entire time and we have never actually been during the summer (fall, winter and spring a few times). Now they’re teens I might consider it though for the shade and service.

1 Like

I have used the pool on checkin day and never had trouble finding seating. I’m not one to spend money on a cabana, but if you want one for reasons other than seating, go for it.

2 Likes

Following!

1 Like

Love the Grand!! Ive been blessed to stay 4x. 3 in the DVC villas. These pictures were from was our last trip when an on site stay was needed to enter SWGE. This one time the Grand was actually cheaper than the Disneyland hotel! I would check at the front desk any kind of activities the hotel offers. They used to offer early morning stretching and a walk through DCA before park opening! :blush:

7 Likes

The lobby fireplace I could hang out all night at​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Inside or out this hotel is so lovely :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you everyone!!!

1 Like

At the guest services desk at all on-site hotels they used to have these Family Activities schedules that I hope they still offer. Each hotel with offer something pretty cool.

1 Like

Also!! I just remembered this and I need to check what they’re new policy is but for on-site guest who go listen to the DVC presentation they used to offer a $100 gift card and FPs for you and your family. One gift card per family

Oh I wonder if they are still doing this!? We’ve actually discussed dvc before too. Lol

1 Like

It was about an hour and totally worth it at the time! I sure hope they still offer it!

1 Like