Got none of my desired ADRs!

We had a really hard time getting reservations for our odd numbered party size. Try searching for 6 people and see if that makes a difference.

Got my BOG ressie, we leave Tuesday!!!
Still waiting for Oga’s though :frowning:

4 Likes

I can’t get over how many reservations are available when I search for a party of 6 versus the party of 7 we are.

Really?

yes I think I’m going to do that at my 60 day mark, then just add one.

1 Like

I think it was @amvanhoose_701479 that added one at ADR checkin w/o issues

2 Likes

That was mainly @Jeff_AZ who added his BIL to most ressies

The issue though is going from 6 to 7 often necessitates a larger table; going from 7-8, which Jeff was doing, would be a table of the same size. Adding a guest is a relatively new option, and may be limited by the current reservation type/size. It’s definitely worth trying as needed but I’d also most definitely have a backup plan.

3 Likes

oh… yes… I guess I’m mixing my TR :laughing::laughing::laughing: easy in the weeks of excess :wink:

3 Likes

Most definitely!!

1 Like

Yes that’s right - I was able to easily add one guest upon checkin through the app 15 min before each reservation. The app explicitly says that you can add up to one additional member to your party at this stage (I think you can do as many fewer members as you want). This only worked for Disney operated restaurants though.

At third party restaurants (Rainforest Cafe, I presume Yak & Yeti, and anything at Disney Springs), you have to speak to the host and are at their mercy. I would try for 8 if you can’t find 7 at third party restaurants before I went for 6. (Even at Disney I’d default to extra party members rather than risk having too few.)

3 Likes

For the two Disney-owned ADRs we had, we were not able to add an additional guest. It was surprising since we were a party of 5- I would have thought going from 5-6 wouldn’t be a problem.

2 Likes

Oh no! I wonder if it depends on the party size? Which restaurants was that?

Skippers Canteen and Beaches and Cream. Fortunately we had the correct reservation size of 5 so it was a nonissue but I would hate for someone to assume that they could for sure add someone when they check in and that not happen.

1 Like

I think all of our ADRs (including Beaches & Cream, IIRC) have given us the option to add one to our party of 7 (we haven’t needed it). It’s probably worth trying in a situation like @Jeff_AZ’s where you really are adding someone at the last minute, but I don’t think I’d risk counting on that when booking my original ADRs. Disney IT is notoriously inconsistent.

There are some places that I don’t think offer reservations for parties >6, so you’ll need to split the reservation into 2 parties and ask at the stand of you can be seated together.

Here is some data I pulled trying to get an idea of max party size a few months ago:

1 Like

Exactly - take heart in this strategy as a last resort if you add a member to your party last minute. But DO NOT rely on it. There’s no guarantee it will work at every restaurant or continue to work at the restaurants it worked on for me, or that it works with every party size.

2 Likes