Goofy Training

Is exactly the same as Dopey training.

:thinking:

Well for heck’s sake if I’m doing the training anyway…

Think think think

29 more freakin weeks of training though. Ugh.

Run the mile you’re in?

5 Likes

DOPEY

sentence

3 Likes

Goofy is half and full? And Dopey is all four? Is that right?

Yeah. LOL I was looking at it today and I literally said, “That’s barely more than 9 miles more”

:laughing:

2 Likes

Isn’t how funny how relative it all becomes when you’re doing long distant running?!? On Sunday I ran 5 miles and I was like, “eh, I just ran 5 miles.” Before the full training, I would have been like, “heck yeah! I ran 5 miles!”

As far as your Goofy vs. Dopey pondering, I don’t think it’s the training that makes up your mind. I think it probably comes down to $$, time and whether one wants to wake up at that god awful hour of the morning FOUR DAYS IN A ROW.

4 Likes

Yup

1 Like

Yep - adding the 5K & 10K is icing in the cake. 5 medals vs. 3! Clank, clank!

I ran the Dopey a few years ago. The kicker is getting up that early 4 days in a row. Plan to go to bed (or at least be in bed,) by 7 each evening.

2 Likes

Actually 6 medals!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Man I really need to go finish my trip report…

5 Likes

I have heard that if you train for a Marathon, you basically are trained for the Dopey.

I have not looked at the Galloway plan, but the key is to do those back-to-back runs. That gets you used to running on fatigued legs.

Dopey. It is the way.

Yeah.

I have to figure out money and time off and stuff. Dopey itself is exponentially more expensive, and then it requires a much longer stay…

But I’m contemplating how I would strategize to minimize park time around the races and such so I’m already more than halfway there with deciding it’s a thing.

2 Likes

I just wish Springtime Surprise were at a better time of year…that race challenge sounds like a nice way to test the waters before going full Dopey. :grin:

3 Likes

Agree!

I seriously have NO IDEA how people do the multi race with full marathon challenges. Kudos to you guys! Unbelievable! I would try the springtime all 4 races but it was full when I booked. I feel like a wimp- 10 measly miles!