Good non-character TS breakfast outside the parks

I’m trying to make my late October plans, and I’m kind of coming up with a blank on our mid-trip breakfast (on a day off). We’re not crazy about character meals now that we’re taking adults-only trips, so I’m afraid Topolino’s would be too much – too expensive, too noisy, too … je ne sais quoi.

Last September, we had great TS breakfasts at Boma and Trattoria al Forno. We’ve done Kona Cafe often enough that DH doesn’t really want to go back. Steakhouse 71 doesn’t get to take over California Grill for breakfast – really wish we hadn’t missed that opportunity last year! The Disney Springs restaurants don’t do brunch mid-week. (Boo!)

What am I missing? I feel like I’m forgetting something that would be cool and different.

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ale & Compass

Hands down my favorite, affordable too

5 Likes

I knew I was forgetting something cool!!! Thank you. :heart:

3 Likes

If you don’t mind a buffet and like chatting up folks there’s Cape May at the Beach Club.

In no way am I ever going to eat enough food at a buffet to make it pay. Yet I reserved 3 mornings in a row here last week because DH has always liked this place. It just suits him.

We had 3 wonderful servers. Chatted with other diners on 2 mornings and DH had a great running gag with one of the table bussers.

All of which is to say we’ve felt so welcome here over the years.

It probably didn’t hurt that we were wearing “celebrating” buttons this trip. But this trip was no anomaly.

What can you be celebrating? That button is a nice ice breaker.

5 Likes

Another vote for A & C. Simple menu, yet something for everyone. Surprisingly reasonable considering that fancy hotel, and of course the great location.

4 Likes

My sis and I got out of there - stuffed to the gills - for something like $35 plus tip TOTAL

5 Likes

I will add another vote for A&C. It is such great food and very reasonably priced.

3 Likes

With all the votes for Ale & Compass, I appreciate that you’re going out there for something different! I don’t mind chatting. I kind of always think of Cape May as seafood or character meal, but I will check out the reviews before I make up my mind. Thank you for the suggestion! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m talking breakfast only. Supper is a different story. And Cape May ain’t cheap unless maybe you’re after one plate of bacon and another plate of everything else. :heart_eyes:

On a non-DH trip I’d be doing A & C for second day’s breakfast. :blush:

2 Likes

Ale and Compass

3 Likes

A little late to the party but otherwise bullseye!

2 Likes

Well, work gets in the way.

2 Likes

Yeah those banks aren’t going to bank themselves.

3 Likes

I appreciate the recommendation. You are very helpful. :grin: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Exactly. And it’s not 4 o’clock yet.

3 Likes

Just endorsing what I now realize many people said. :joy:

3 Likes

telllllllllllllllllllllllllll me about it.

This afternoon is dragggggggggggggggging

3 Likes

Fridays are the worst at the bank. So busy.

2 Likes

Huh?

Ya lost me.

:laughing:

3 Likes

I’ll let her tell her lies :rofl:

2 Likes