Gondola as an "Attraction"

They haven’t decided whether to expand or not, so currently there aren’t plans to do so.

If it’s as successful as it should be, then they may well expand, but it’s unlikely to involve AK or AKL (Jambo or Kidani). There is nowhere in the plans at the new AK entrance for a Skyliner station, and I beleive there are too many main roads that would need to be crossed to get from AKL to AK, which they are unlikely to do (because of the need for evacuation access along the entire route). That link is much more likely to be something else.

And it would involve separate lines - they can’t just open up the other end of terminal stations and extend like that. So it would involve new stations to be built alongside existing ones.

You park for free at any resort except one you are staying at overnight, whether you are staying onsite elsewhere or not.

As @missoverexcited said, you park for free at any resort you are visiting. However, there are guards at the gates of every lot and they could refuse to let you in. You would have to be prepared with a good enough reason to let you in (we plan to eat at X, we’re looking for a certain souvenir stocked at Y, we’re picking up friends staying at Z). But you could also be refused entry, especially at the deluxe resorts during busy times.

3 Likes

Or to Contemporary and walk to MK :innocent:

At AoA (and I think most resort pools) you have to have a Magic Band to enter the pool area. And at some they actively check. Not only is trying to use it when not staying there “not classy”, it is not allowed.

2 Likes

I don’t understand feeling scandalized because people want to ride the skyliner/monorail/ferry/bus…

Too much time on our hands? Not enough actual worries on our lives?

7 Likes

Since opening day…or at least in the first few years - it was running in '75 when I first went…

1 Like

Thanks. So it must have been the resort monorail then that you needed a ticket to ride.

I believe that this is correct. I remember staying at the CR ca. 1980 and you needed to show a pass to get on the resort monorail. Back then it was a perk for staying at the CR or or Poly; the lines were much shorter for the resort loop than for the express loop.

2 Likes