Gondola alternative

I was thinking when you’re standing in line at the station…

1 Like

Not trying to keep people away to make lines shorter for myself or anything…

1 Like

That sounds like a great plan - I am jotting that down to try during my December trip!!

Wonder if these will be open by end of Sept!? This could easily solve my transportation issue of getting from Pop to a late Bon Voyage Breakfast at Boardwalk on arrival morning. Don’t want to rely on Uber/Lyft or Minnie Van.
I am personally looking forward to it, reminds me of riding in Gondolas to the top of the mountain out west!

I would say a good chance.

Although Martin Smith over on WDWMagic is saying something has happened which could push them back. But only in so far as they could have been ready to go as early as May (not saying they would have opened then mind). He’s not saying what.

So “pushed back to Fall” is now the expectation, looks like maybe saying Fall was for contingency after all.

All Disney has ever “said” was Fall. The “may be ready ads early as May” was a rumor that I first (and have only) read on WDWMagic. As trustworth as WDWMagic typically is, I never place much hope in rumors - even on that forum…

Did that include the Gondoals though? The likes of Dan had that pieced together a full 5 months before the D23 announcement remember!

Not to mention Martin’s hints on Rat, GotG, Illuminations replacement, the Space Restaurant, the Spine project at Epcot …(need I go on), all before their official announcements.

However there has been a set back on the gondolas apparently, showing that maybe the extra cautious contingency was a good thing after all.

On the bright side, work at the IG has now started.

In my opinion Martin and Dan are probably the two “most trusted” sources over there - largely because they are willing to say “I don’t know” when they don’t. And their track record is very good. There are others there that like to post personal opinions as “informed rumors” that can skew conversations. There’s always a bit of careful “screening” that has to be applied to posts there, but I generally take Martin and Dan (and a few others) at “face value”.

1 Like