Going solo at Volcano Bay

It’s a double lounge chair with a small canopy (won’t keep everything in the shade but should at least keep your head and torso shaded) and a little table in between. The table has a locker inside it for valuables. Seating starts at $29.99 per day for a pair, but can be over $150 depending on the day. I’d say it’s about 1/4 the cost of a cabana.

Here’s an article about the options and a picture of premium seating:

7 Likes

Ugh you can only get the price by calling.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s date based pricing - like a lot of Universal things, I’ve heard the wait time on hold for these can be rough too. There’s a long line every morning at the desk to get one

Both UOR and WDW pull this nonsense. Are there really no Americans who are aware that there are other countries? And that it costs a fortune to be put on hold for three hours?

Is the internet really so complicated for these giant corporations?

4 Likes

To be fair to WDW, they do give us a free number. But I’m not paying a fortune to sit on hold to be told these cost more than I’m willing to pay.

True, but it shouldn’t be necessary. Everything should be one click away.

3 Likes

Agreed. It can’t be that hard to post a price on your website surely, even if it is date based. Other companies manage it.

2 Likes

The less human interaction the better IMO!

5 Likes

Agreed! People are awful! Sometimes I kill them.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Not at VB, but I was just at the Soak City water park at King’s Island, and I wore my glasses with the same glasses band that I’d use on roller coasters. That was allowed for everything OTHER than the body slides. (But, I’m not a fan of body slides, anyhow, so I skipped them…and my DS12 tried two different body slides, so I held his glasses. After both of them, he decided he didn’t like them either. They make you feel like you are drowning!)

I’d be nervous to wear contact lenses. The water can pelt your face pretty badly on some of the rides, including the eyes…so, I’d be prepared for potentially losing a contact lens at any moment! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my experience, wearing contact lenses in water doesn’t make them come out at all. I used to swim underwater with my eyes open with them on.

1 Like

Same. I’ve never had an issue and I’ve been wearing them 32 years.

2 Likes

I used to blink wrong, and my contact lenses would want to pop out. :slight_smile: But, it has been a great many years since I’ve worn them. I switched back to glasses because of the astronomical expense of contact lenses for those with astigmatism AND needing bifocals!

ETA: I should add that the OFFICIAL recommendation is you should never wear contact lenses where they might get wet directly from pool/lake/ocean water. Not because of losing them, but because there is risk of serious eye infections, etc.

3 Likes

I understand. I stopped wearing them, too. It’s more about the upkeep than anything else, though. I never corrected my astigmatism with them, and appreciate that being corrected now.

I know some people who wear one lens for far off and another lens for close up. Sorry, but I could never do that. Anyway, I need trifocals, so I’d need three eyes!!! I actually wear progressives.

2 Likes

I tried them. Hated them. Actually, I didn’t have any trouble to adjusting to them, in terms of finding the sweet spot. That part was great. But I found that I lost any and all peripheral vision with them, which made driving dangerous. (I was unable to look safely behind me, and to look in the side-view mirrors, I would literally have to turn my head to look straight at the mirrors…but then I lost peripheral vision on what was in front of me!) I returned them and got them exchanged for regular bifocus…with which I’m SO MUCH happier.

2 Likes

This is me! I love it.

I do remember taking my lenses out when swimming when I first got them at 18. But after hearing from any number of peers that they left theirs in, I stopped. Now that I get a new pair every 2-4 weeks, I also feel a lot less concern over junk on lenses vs when I got one pair a year!

4 Likes

I find wearing any glasses messes with my driving. Granted, I’ve never invested in “best” level glasses bc I rarely wear them. Some day I’m sure I’ll have to join the glasses group. I hope I can find the perfect pair then.

2 Likes

You have to pay for the anti-glare, otherwise you see weird artifacts…particularly at night. It used to be less important, but something about the way they manufacture the lenses these days makes it an absolute must if you are going to drive with glasses.

I will admit, I miss the days of contact lenses in terms of just daily simplicity (other than the cleaning aspect of them). My wife misses me wearing contact lenses because she thinks, without glasses, I look HOT! :wink: (Or maybe that’s when SHE’s not wearing glasses…)

2 Likes

Sunglass simplicity is where I’m at to be sure.

LOL about MrsRyan1

3 Likes