Gingerbeers Universal Adventure!

Thank you darkmite and all of you for your help! You are awesome. I’m a single mom trying to plan a great trip with my three teens in a few weeks.
Volcano bay is at top of our list to see it all lit up at night. They close at 8pm next month. Will we even see the lava/lights since it’s not going to be dark out? Or do they let guests stay inside a little past 8?
What time do you suggest we arrive there for the evening? Thank you!!!

6 Likes

Hey! Glad you started this thread!

They will start ushering everyone out at 8pm. However, they realize most people still have to go to a locker, change clothes & etc…

You’ll have a few minutes at the park entry to hang around to see the volcano at dusk. This is the spot you see in all the main photos / advertising

VB doesn’t really stay open late as they don’t want people in the water after dark

2 Likes

I see VB is open til 8pm Saturdays and Sundays only, 7pm on all weekdays. Sunset will be around 8:20ish and Dusk around 8:45, so nothing special to see in park. “Dark” would be 9:00 or so. With the long days in the summer, the only cool night view may be from the nearby hotels. Better yet, a visit to Bar 17 one evening.

There were years when VB stayed open til 9pm in the summer, but maybe those days are gone.

3 Likes

Can the waterproof lanyards be worn on all the rides? Or should we get lockers. Lanyards will have phone, cc, ID . Ty

Yes, except for the 3 extreme coasters that have metal detectors. You’ll need to put your phone in a locker, just make sure to keep your locker scanning ticket with you.

I recommend you tuck your large lanyard in your shirt before entering the ride vehicle on the attractions where bags/loose items are not allowed on. Like Hagrid’s, Mummy, Gringott’s, etc.

2 Likes