Gideon’s as of Spring 2024?

Heading to Disney Springs tonight on a spur the moment thing. Always heard of Gideon’s but have never had the pleasure of going. I don’t see it available for quick serve orders on the MDE app, so I’m wondering….

Is this actually an ADR thing? Or is it a brute force stand in line for an hour thing? Or a Virtual Queue?

We have a 9 & 3 year old in tow any tips would be appreciated!!

2 Likes

It’s a wait in line or VQ.

3 Likes

We are hoping to hit Gideon’s this trip because my wife wants to try a coffee drink they have.

The actual desserts look…physically sickening to me, so no desire for their cookies! The line used to be quite long…wondering if it still is. I assume so.

1 Like

I jumped in line and only waited about 20-30 minutes mid week in January.

My boys didn’t enjoy the cookies either, much too rich for their tastes.

I ended up cutting the cookies into quarters and freezing them. They’re much tastier, to me, in smaller bite sized chunks.

1 Like

Gideons is standby line until they hit somewhere between 45mins to and hour most days. Once that threshold is reached they add you to a waitlist and when it’s time for you to return you get a text. That wait time can vary by a lot, sometimes it can be as long as several hours. You have time to go shopping or grab a bite or a drink while you wait. Whenever you do get called to return you’ll still wait something like 20 mins or so.

Once inside each person can purchase as many cookies as there are varieties available at that time. It used to be limited to 6per person and I’m not sure when that was modified. In my recent visit there were 9 varieties available: the usual 6, two for Valentine’s Day, and coffee cake cookie which is limited quantities. So I could have bought 9 cookies. If the coffee cake had been sold out there would have been 8 varieties and in that case I could have bought 8.

I don’t think there’s a limit on cake slices. One slice will feed several people most of the time. I bought a slice once and kept it in my refrigerator and had a little each day over my 5 day visit. I still didn’t finish it :rofl:

There’s usually at least one or two types of cold brew, sometimes worth a try. Mostly those have been a loss for me but this months was delicious!

Everything there is really really good, to me. It’s not the kind of cookie some people like - oversized, a little undercooked in the middle, soft, and full of stuff - but it’s perfect for me. I have one thawing out right now (pistachio for those who want to know).

2 Likes

We went the week before Christmas in the 19th I think. Somewhere thereabouts and got in line in the evening. It must have been 7ish cuz we had dinner res at 8. It looked long but was probably 20 minutes. Trip before was a similar 20 min wait and that time was June 2021 and sunny so afternoon sometime. The trip before that it claimed to be 2-3 hours and put us on a text list but I feel like it was 45-60 min when we got called back and the physical line was like 10 min.

And yes they are rich but they are good. Definitely break them into pieces and refrigerate them so they last longer. Bring zip loc baggies. That’s what I do as it helps to keep them from drying out. Then zap them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so before eating. Delicious. The coffees are also delicious. Try the peanut butter one.

2 Likes

From what I hear the lines are longest on weekends, particularly Sunday afternoons. If you go on a weekday during the day you will probably have a shorter wait.

1 Like

And when you see a shortish line in evenings … it’s probably the people that have been texted from the waitlist. You still need to wait :crazy_face:

I stopped going a few trips ago.

2 Likes

Really a shortish line anytime, except maybe very very first thing in the morning, is usually indicative of a longer wait (by waitlist).

A line that reaches the intersection where you would turn to go to Homecomin or Morimoto indicates no waitlist, just what you see is what you get, and that’s usually 45ish minutes. Of the line turns the corner they are on the verge of a waitlist with text callback.

2 Likes

My last two experiences with Gideons were the same, both on Saturdays: Got on the VQ early evening, got text to return for the line late at night. In both instances, I had already left DS. More specifically, last time I got in the VQ at 6:24 pm (Dec. 9), and the text to get in line came at 10:11 pm. I’ll also point out that the wait time was less than the 300 minutes they gave me as an estimate. :rofl:

2 Likes

I must just get super lucky! I have never had that wait. What am I doing right?!?!

3 Likes

Same. I hear it. I believe it. I’ve never experienced it. Max wait time has been 2hrs and it always works out to have dinner and then we are called

Never have gone on a Saturday night though

2 Likes