GF to MK walking path is open!

It is now open. Photos here:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disneys-grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/gallery/20nov2020-walkthrough-of-completed-grand-floridan-resort-walkway-to-magic-kingdom.htm

11 Likes

Just wonderful because I was not a BLT/contemporary fan but I love being able to walk to a park or two! More options! :smile:

So excited for this!!! Can’t wait to stay at the GF in May!

2 Likes

So how far would it be to walk to GF from Poly and then take the path. We don’t get enough steps in the parks.

1 Like

In total I think just over a mile.

1 Like

Thank you. Just dreaming of future trip. DH for some reason likes to take the scenic route, seems to calm him.

This is a walk along by WDWMagic:

8 Likes

Yes, about 1.1 - 1.2 miles from Poly, just checked this out of curiousity earlier today

2 Likes

Is it just me or are those walk through videos the absolute best? Walking down that path, seeing the monorail go by… sigh… After a hard day I’ll pull up ithemepark on youtube and “walk” though the parks with a stupid smile on my face as the day just melts away.

3 Likes

I actually only really started watching the leisurely strolls videos by ResortTV1 during lockdown. The first one I watched was from the Poly to GF which I’ve never done before. Then I started watching some of them in the parks. I love just hearing the ambient sounds, it helps that feeling of being there.

In the WDWMagic one I was really surprised how loud the monorail was when going right overhead. I did find myself wanting more of the views though. I think Josh on RTV1 does them really well so I’ll be looking out for his for sure.

2 Likes

This is game-changingly exciting for me.

2 Likes

Here’s the walking tour I was waiting for. Josh from Resort TV1 walking from the GF to MK.

1 Like

wow, that’s a pretty resort. I’ve never taken the time to explore it

I much prefer it to Contemporary thematically personally so this is exciting because I love the ability to walk!

One could walk from the Poly to the CR by way of GF and the MK too :wink:

1 Like

A world of possibilities!

1 Like

I wonder if people will line up on the walk during the Water Pageant

1 Like