Getting reservation for HS mid may trip

Hi everybody,

Long time touring plans subscriber here with a question. Maybe this has already been addressed and there is an old post somebody can point me to, but I just bought 4 day tickets (one park per day) for mid may (we are going 16-21), as of this AM there was still availability for HS one of the days we were going, however when I went to go buy the tickets that day had sold out! Very disappointing for my group considering we have some first timers. Do reservations ever open up at a later time? Should I continue to look every day or is it a lost cause? I know we could upgrade to park hopper and get in in the afternoon, but I don’t want to spend the money if I don’t have to. Any suggestions from you all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Did you buy the ticket and did you check the park? Sometimes the park shows as sold out but due to cancelations some people have success. Also, at times it seems like Disney waits until there is a certain amount of cancellations (or increased capacity) and they reopen parks.

If not, have you considered buying a one day hopper for a day? You can hop to HS but you would not have any chance for Rise. Or course there would not be any guarantee even if you get the park reservation.

1 Like

Oh! Welcome to the forum!

Hi thanks for the reply! I suppose I will continue to check it. If we have to upgrade to park hopper we will, but like you mentioned that would put us out of the running for RoR which would be disappointing, but not the end of the world. Sound like its worth it to keep trying.

1 Like

Keep trying. Last week I picked up HS for four on this completely sold out spring break week (today actually)… Actually all the parks were sold out when I decided to put this trip together, but managed to pick up every park eventually. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow!!! That’s awesome, so did you just go on the website everyday and attempt to make reservations?