Genie +

If I have a 5 day ticket, can I purchase Genie + for one day (MK day) or do I have to purchase for for the duration?

You can purchase for the duration in advance, or you can purchase day of for one day at a time. If the latter, you don’t have to purchase every day.

5 Likes

And you can buy the one day from midnight of the night before.

2 Likes

I like that you can purchase it the night before so you know that you have it for the next morning.

1 Like

I think it’s horrible! You need to still be up at midnight and then up before 7. If you could buy it actually during the day, the day before, I would like that.

3 Likes

Duh, I forgot that little detail about being up to Midnight. I am usually awake by 6:00 so I can do it in the morning.

I would not want it every day of this upcoming trip.

3 Likes

that would be much better! Maybe after some feedback they will offer that.

1 Like

As long as you can buy it prior to 7:00 am day of, that’s fine. As long as you can have it before the 7:00 time period opens up, there seems little difference in buying it at midnight or 6:00.

Although…if they sell limited quantities, that might mean doing it at midnight.

2 Likes

And that’s what we don’t know. Right now I’m thinking it will be fine to do it at 6.45 before booking at 7, but some people seem pretty sure it will be limited and you’ll need to buy at midnight. I don’t think it will be limited. Maybe at Christmas?

1 Like

I’m not sure…but there was that little line about “subject to availability” when talking about booking rides, which makes me think there will be SOME kind of limit. Fortunately, it won’t be TOO long before we find out!

To me that means they are not going to guarantee any ride just because you have bought Genie. You might be able to book IASW or they might be all gone for the day (tragic :joy:). But definitely open to interpretation.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree…but it seems like they risk selling Genie Plus to people who then can’t actually use it if they over sell it, which makes me think (hope?) they do have some limit on it.

1 Like

Do it when you wake up to pee in the night?

4 Likes

And they really ought to limit it or else it’s not at all different than FPP and will reveal itself to be more about money than improving the guest experience

1 Like

You’re older than me, I don’t have that issue :blush:

3 Likes

Even when I wasn’t as old as I am now, I got up to pee in the night. It has been a rare night in most of my life (as far as I can remember) that I didn’t wake up LOL

4 Likes

Hey, now. I don’t think I’ve gone a single night my ENTIRE LIFE without waking up at least once to use the bathroom!

1 Like

I wasn’t entirely truthful, I do occasionally get up in the night. Not so often that I’d wait for that to buy Genie though! And anyway, I keep my eyes closed so I don’t lose the sleepiness! :joy:

4 Likes

9 Likes

That’s me! I may have even changed some diapers with my eyes closed! :rofl:

2 Likes