Genie Plus - Adding to Existing Reservation

Hi friends. We are visiting WDW in December. We are staying at the Dolphin (booked through Sheraton) and we already have our park tickets. How do I add Genie Plus to our park tickets? I have poked around on the app and on the company website but I cannot figure it out. Any thoughts are appreciated!!

I haven’t done it…but if you go into My Disney Experience on the website, on the My Plans screen, scroll down a bit to this part:

Select the Tickets & Memory Maker. You should see your linked tickets on the next screen, and there will be an option to “Change ticket”…

Follow that link and you should eventually be given an option to add Genie+…

1 Like

I do not see the change ticket option in that screen when I log in. I booked my park tickets as part of a package including hotel, I did not book them separate, could that be the issue? I am waiting on the phone now but its a 90 minute wait.

1 Like

FWIW, if you did your tickets through a third party or they were rescheduled from 2020, you have to call.

1 Like

They told me 2 hours… you’re luck :joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe? Dunno. My tickets I bought from UT and linked them, and the Change option was there, including the ability to Add Genie+…granted, I didn’t actually add it, so there is the possibility I would be blocked further into the process

2 Likes

The problem is the package. In the announcements they said that packages need to call the reservation number.

I’d bought from the TP recommended discounter. Linked my tickets. Changed dates in MDE (and paid the price difference). Last week I added G+ using the Change Ticket in the screenshot.

2 Likes

That did the trick! I was able to modify the tickets (i.e., give Disney more of my money) to add Genie Plus. Thanks!!

1 Like

Has anyone added Genie+ day-by-day on a 3rd party (discounted) ticket? With the language in the ticket terms it looks like they’ll charge you the difference of ticket price + Genie+ charge - negating your savings. Is this what’s happening in practice?

Ok so if you’re buying Genie+ on a day-by-day basis wouldn’t you pay more for your tickets than if you added it to a 7 or 10- day admission?

That is, if I buy it for today, am I paying for Genie+ plus the difference in a single day ticket?

Wouldn’t this refer to converting a non-G+ ticket to a ticket with G+? Meaning, if I have a 5 day ticket, and I want to convert it to a 5 day G+ ticket, I would have to pay the ticket price difference.

This is different from buying G+ on a day to day basis, which is not converting your existing ticket type. There is no ticket type that allows you to have G+ on only some days, much like there is no way to add PH to a single day of a multidate ticket. You have to convert the entire ticket type over.

The difference, though, is that G+ can be purchased on a day by day basis day of, which isn’t converting your ticket type.

So, having said all that, I feel the wording there is confusing.

2 Likes

Definitely confusing, but I agree with you. It should be no different than an annual passholder buying it on a day by day basis.

1 Like

I hope this is right; it certainly makes sense. The thing that got me thinking about it was when I went to upgrade 2 of our 5-day tickets to 6-day in MDE. It had a price to “upgrade” them to 5-day ($19 for 2) and I assume this is because we bought 3rd party. So it made me nervous I might see a similar add when I went to add my single-day Genie+. Fingers crossed it’s just the $15 for Genie+.

I think the reason is, if you add it to your ticket, the price is locked in. But if you don’t, you risk that, 3 months from now, the price for G+ per day might increase to, say, $20/day.

2 Likes