Genie+ modifications coming?

Yes.

1 Like

I’ve only been on the desktop today and last evening.

So frustrating how things are so wildly different depending on which device you use (as with dining and other things)

2 Likes

#disneyit

3 Likes

I believe you have to call to add it to your ticket package. That’s per my TA

1 Like

I don’t plan to be back at WDW until June of next year (first ever adults only trip! Woohoo!). If I buy 2022 tickets with Genie+ for length of stay now, what do you think they’ll do when I try to switch the dates to 2023?

5 Likes

I think you will have to apply the cost of the 2022 tickets to whatever tickets you get for 2023, which may or may not include Genie+ up front, but if so, it will almost certainly be a higher price that you’ll have to pay the difference of.

More likely, Genie+ will not be available for advance purchase, so whatever tickets you change to will have to be no Genie+ (which may mean adding an extra day or feature to use the extra value if the price of tickets doesn’t go up by more than $15/day).

2 Likes

7 Likes

In other words, not worth the hassle!

1 Like

TWSS

9 Likes

Exactly. I came to the same sad realization when the June 8th announcement was made. So much for locking in my Genie+ price!

1 Like

Yeah, that went away about Feb. 20, 2022. Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a conspiracy to get more people in the parks earlier. Like wake up to book and go back to sleep, find out Genie+ is sold out, so need to rope drop attractions instead.

1 Like

It seems that my friend couldn’t add without calling because he had a package, while I had room only + tickets. Not sure if this is the case for others who had to call, but that is what the CM told me.

3 Likes

I have a package and was able to add Genie+ for the length of my stay on the web version (using Change Reservation button).

1 Like

I don’t know if this means anything to those of you that are trying to add Genie+, but for a while, at least, they were only allowing this modification for those with Park Hopper tickets. Could that be why some of you are having trouble and some aren’t?

I am hundreds of posts late to this party because I was offline in the World last week, but wanted to address this question:

Theoretically - yes. In real life - it depends on circumstances that make no sense and we have no control over. I tried to use the disney gift card via copy/paste from a phone note to purchase G+ last week and it kept erroring out on me. I had to put it on my credit card. I was less than happy.

4 Likes

I don’t have hoppers and my TA was able to add Genie+ onto my August stay.

1 Like

I don’t know why I am remembering this from our March trip, but at that time, for some reason I thought you could only add it to your length of stay if you had PH tickets. (Maybe trying to add it yourself on line? Idk.) Anyway, obviously you guys have been able to get it now, which is great.
Anyone else remember a rule like that from a few months ago?

Same thing happened to me last week.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more! Planning from home was always
a lot of work but it was fun, rewarding, and I felt I had a plan and a path for each day before we arrived. Now, the work I put into each individual day while at Disney gives me so much anxiety! We enjoy Deluxe resorts at least three times a year(DVC, AP, empty nesters) and for the first time I’m not looking forward to our next trip. Just want to do the planning ahead.

8 Likes