Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

I’d planned to be at MK on the 19th and I’m kind of thinking we just go with being guinea pigs and get it for this trip, at least for some days (it’s the first one back with my parents since they came with us in 2017 and my dad can’t stand well for long times anymore). I don’t really want to move days around given other plans that we have for the trip, so I think we’re just going to have to see how it goes? If it was just my family of 4 I don’t think I’d necessarily get it this trip, but thinking differently this time given my parents will be with us too.

1 Like

That’s exactly where I am with cash stays. Unless I find a great deal on a travel site I don’t plan on staying on site without using my points.

:joy::joy:

5 Likes

First, I just have to say that when I google “genie plus,” the first two results have to do with Disney. The next several results are related to…

:rofl:

So instead of relying on Google, I’ll just ask my question here:

Do we have clarity on when we can book G+ passes for a park other than the one you have an APR for? So, say I want to hop to MK in the afternoon on a day that I have an AK APR. When can I start booking G+ for MK?

And could we potentially hold passes for multiple parks at the same time? Using the example above, could I book G+ for mid-morning at AK, wait the two hours, and then book one for MK, potentially before having used my AK pass?

Sorry if these questions have been answered already! It’s tough to sort through what we know for sure and what is just speculation at this point!

4 Likes

I suspect you and I could tour together anytime.

I just laid out my G+ vs ILLS itinerary and it is G+ everyday except the first one, when we won’t arrive at AK until 2 hours before closing.

For ILLS:

FOP on both AK days.
ROTR on one HS day, RD on the other.
MMRR on both HS days (figured I would RD ROTR for free because it is more expensive)

This would be my max usage. It comes out to $134 per person (there are 3 of us). I crossed that desert party off my list and now I am at Disney getting $60 more from me.

However, I am going on CL9 and 10 days, so it is a no brainer for me.

2 Likes

That will be up to you to follow and watch for. It will be a PITA but doable.

:joy::joy:

I don’t think we have clarity on anything much.

2 Likes

I can’t say eith 100% certainty, but you should be able to do this.

I suspect if you have a park hopper, you can book whenever and wherever you want. But, you won’t be able to use anything booked at a different park until after 2pm.

2 Likes

Your right! We are going to be there a few days before the new Genie system kicks in and fortunately we a been blessed to go many times before this trip.
So I’ll just hang with our original schedule and find a bar if things pivot in a direction that may cause stress. We have all our dining set (including Space 220) so no matter what surprises head our way, we’ll just be fired up to be there.

2 Likes

We will be at the same park on the 19th and I am considering not doing Genie Plus but doing FOP $$ and EE standbye. It’s my daughters 21st Birthday so if she decides to move from the Dawa Bar, I may have to reconsider my plan…that being said Ill let you know how it works out without Genie Plus on that day.

1 Like
  1. Whenever you want to, and when the times start showing that you could make. No point booking one at 7am for MK because you’ll get a time before 2pm. But once the times shown are for after 2pm then you can book.
  2. I don’t see why not.
1 Like

i think it will depend on time of year. Around Christmas likely worth it; mid April probably not

One possibility for G+ and park hopping is that knowing you are checked into a different park, they don’t offer G+ times until 2pm or after. Of course that would be the smart IT move, so probably not. Would be nifty if they did.

3 Likes
15 Likes

This is fantastic!

1 Like

I confess… I haven’t really been around for a few days. I’m mostly caught up. Here’s my genuine question…

Am I the only one that is excited to see this released? I have so many questions that I think will only get answered after it’s in action. However, I am optimistic that it’s going to be OK.

Of course I have concerns, but as a Liner and Planner I am hyped to see this tool finally drop

6 Likes

You are, at least, among a very few who are I think.

3 Likes

This was just posted to a Poly FB group I have been following. Good information for those needing to use DAS next week.

I just got off the phone with guest services for disabilities. My trip starts on the 19th which is the day Genie + launches. The guy I spoke with on the phone said that the pre-arrival phone calls/DAS request will not start until at least next week, and I will have to request a DAS when I’m at the parks. Just wanted to give a heads up to those traveling to Disney next week.

There was a subsequent question if the DAS functionality would be up and running on the 19th with the rest of the Genie launch, but the original poster didn’t think to ask so they don’t know.

1 Like

I am. I think if they’d asked me to design a plan, it would have been G+. Of course, I think Disney had my family in mind.

Looks like that lovely park reservation plan you did for me just got thrown out the window. With no park hopping until 2pm and needing to park hop to get a fresh batch of G+ options, I expect we will start at MK for at least half the days. That way we will at least have a bunch of G+ options to keep us busy.

1 Like

I had hoped for more advantages for onsite guests, despite having been told Disney didn’t seem to think that was necessary.
I hoped for an option that allowed re-rides, even if it was an additional tier.
And I had hoped for something that relieved the stress, by allowing me to plan ahead without needing to get up early each day (which again I’d be told wouldn’t happen).

5 Likes