Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

Thanks! That makes it a little more economical as long as there are still passes available later in the day.

1 Like

Hey guys, we can still “map out our days” ahead of time.
PLUS, our day-of flexibility will now be maximized.

It’s just so great
:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Genie+ seems shitty. Still think the park hopping 2 pm restriction is the worst thing to come out of the pandemic cuts/changes.

5 Likes

Oh, it’s a thing!

So my family of 5 has not been to WDW since 2018. Our previous trip was 2016. We are going the week after Thanksgiving this year and probably won’t be back for a loooonnnggg time. No way am I paying to ride ROTR. We really want to ride it? We rope drop, go at the end of the night or wait in line. No ride is worth paying another $15 per person.

I think you overly assume that those who can only afford to go once in a while can also afford to fork out even more money for 1 ride.

I might pay for Genie+, but that’s about it. And that’s only because we aren’t doing a Christmas party we had planned to do.

5 Likes

Fair enough.

We were last there in 2016. Next year will be the third attempt at going since then. And since we can’t be sure if we’ll get to go back, I’m willing to pay for them. We won’t buy Genie+ every day though.

Are the UK tickets still much cheaper than the US options?

1 Like

I am guessing the 2PM time will end once capacity gets back to 100%. Park reservations will stay though.

1 Like

Per day, yes. I think it works out about ÂŁ35-40 a day. Add 20% roughly.

Someone I know got an email today saying they are changing, but I’m having difficulty working out exactly what is changing.

Apparently as of Nov 2nd, they will be date based. But it seems not fluctuating in price. Now when I was looking at tickets for this Christmas I had to put in an arrival date. So I’m not sure what’s happening.

And the validity will change, the 7 day tickets will be valid over 15 days the 14 day tickets will be valid over 18 days.

Looks like the 21 day tickets are gone though.

2 Likes

That just creates a loophole that is of no benefit to Disney though. Can’t get the park you want? Just add park hoppers, tap in and immediately hop.

1 Like

Yeah I think that was a condition of the Chinese loan not required for zoo accreditation etc.

Oh, I missed @darkmite2 ’s post.

So that must have been in the agreement then. But I still think there’s an ethical issue over charging extra if you have animals that are covered by the breeding programme. Maybe that’s just me though.

1 Like

I have a 3rd person from the press event reporting a there will be a 2 hour cool off allowed, though Disney clearly does not say this on MDE or the web.

From the laughing place:

• First, as previously announced, Disney Genie+ will allow guests to book attraction return times one at a time.
  • However, if a Disney Genie+ reservation is made for more than two hours into the future, guests will be able to make another selection in the meantime.
  • Also, similar to the old FastPass system, once a reservation is redeemed, another Genie+ reservation can be made.
5 Likes

So it is not enough for the window to open (like the old paper FP system) you need to redeem and make your next one in line?

2 Likes

If you make an Individual Lightening Lane reservation for later in the day - are you still able to make regular Genie+ reservations prior to that as usual? Sorry if this has already been answered, I’ve been trying to sort through all these new crazy rules.

I would think so since these parts of the product are supposed to work independently of one another. You do not need to have both and can have one or the other or both. So it would stand to reason that they would exist as reservations independently of each other.

I guess we haven’t seen anything official to say so though.

4 Likes

They have explicitly said you can reserve another G+ when “your arrival window starts” (or something like that). So, you don’t technically need to use the first one in order to get a second one. You just have to wait until the G+ time or 2 hours, whichever comes first.

I have been thinking about Epcot. Say it opens at 11am. You could walk in with 3 G+ reservations. Get one at 7am, 9am and 11am.

@Disneymom33, think of ILL$ and G+ as two different systems that don’t talk to each other. They are both ride reservations, but they are independent.

BTW, someone up thread used ILL$. I have adopted that. I am someone that used IA$$$, and I hate to give up the $ sign in the name because I think it is very expressive. So I love the idea of adding the $.

3 Likes

It’s still a money grab. Pay for admission, pay extra to maybe not stand in line as long, pay even more if you want to get on the most popular rides that weren’t designed to handle demand and if you are staying on site putting more money in their pocket… screw you, thanks for the money.

I wouldn’t be half as annoyed at this crap if they offered something to the people, like me and my fam, staying on property putting thousands and thousands more in their pockets. We’re going in December and I think this will be the last time I stay on property. There’s no reason any more with them killing Magical Express and all the other advantages.

10 Likes

I would be surprised if the two hour clock (or any clock) starts before park opening but I hope you are right.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was thinking that was the case, but it is so confusing.

We will be there the first day by chance for a surprise trip and I am just trying to have some sort of (new) plan since we will be figuring much of it out on the go.

2 Likes