Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

That is how I felt in DL. I did not enjoy it nearly as much as WDW.

1 Like

No you just have to be on your phone after every ride and/or every 90 minutes now :joy:

6 Likes

I am on my phone timing actual wait times anyways.

5 Likes

In DL, I liked being able to book the next pass as soon as I entered the queue for the previous one. It didn’t take a much effort, and helped pass the time in line.

4 Likes

This part does sound good, if you can book for the park you’re hopping to.

Yeah my point was there’s no difference here really. At least with fpp+ you could go phone free using up your fpp through your first 3 if you wanted to.

1 Like

In DL you could book for both parks at any time.

2 Likes

Yeah, “pay for admission! Pay to get in a better line and then pay more to get on our most popular rides… which you won’t get on if you don’t because the line is 4 hours long”

2 Likes

After going through this thread I see that more people are willing to pay for G+ than for LL$. I think our family will have an opposite approach.

We would much rather guarantee a ride on one or two headliners than drop $15 pp per day on rides we may or may not want to ride.

My initial thought is to reserve the LL$ at 7 am, rope-drop the most popular attraction from G+ list during early hours, move to less popular at regular park opening and finish late morning with least popular and/or shows.

Then have lunch, use the two LL$ and head out.

This would also help with not having to stare at my phone all the time, which I would hate to do on vacation.

Any pitfalls you see with this strategy (except for slightly higher cost than G+)?

5 Likes

This is what gives me pause. If we can’t ride Space but do get to ride Dumbo and Small World, that’s not a good day for us.

3 Likes

I just think that at a minimum - unless you blanket refuse to consider Genie’s itinerary - it gives you two itineraries to compare, debate, decide, edit on the fly.

Getting my family out of the hotel room by or at 7am isn’t going to happen— let alone be at a park at that point… it might, but it’s unlikely.

I see this phraseology in G+ “you will select the next available time on the day of your visit” – so if I want to ride a ride at 9:30am, is it going to let me book that at 7am? I realize we don’t know but I can see getting screwed with this.

The pitfall for me would be that that’s a lot of standby waits that will most likely return to prepandemic wait times. I’d rather rope drop the LL rides and play out the G+ as they come for the other headliners.

3 Likes

You can book the first ride without leaving your room though. The first available time would start somewhere between 9 and 10 am for 9 am park opening and will give you 1 hour return window. So 9:30 am seem to be doable if booking at 7.

3 Likes

You’ll definitely have to manage which fpp book up early and mamage around that, but I would 100% not go in thinking you’ll only get on Dumbo and tea cups only.

2 Likes

To be honest I am a bit scared of rope-dropping LL rides. There will be crowds :scream:

2 Likes

Just picture Genie Jafar instead of Remy

5 Likes

Wow… here’s one for you all: see what folks on Twitter think of this. Once again, I commend the folks here who don’t like this but are holding back. Most of these folks sure aren’t:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GeniePlus

3 Likes

To be fair WDW is 1 giant crowd :joy:

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/jboogielene/status/1428518190426902534?s=20

The video in that tweet is :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

6 Likes