Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

Not Genie but the 30-minute early entry probably has. You’d have to have a reservation for 1.5 hours before official open to make it work. And even then you’d only be just even with the on-site guests and only if they don’t let people in a little before the 30-minute mark. If you had a reservation 1.5 hours before open, and were off-site they’d probably stop you from going into the park before official open. (I’d pondered the same question, and that was the answer)

2 Likes

Official Disney Genie Announcement Continues Astonishing Plummet, 90% Disliked on YouTube (blogmickey.com)

I wonder if Disney will make any adjustments given all the adverse reaction. I guess for me I don’t mind paying the $15/day what really bothers me is the necessary LL purchases.

10 Likes

I think there’s a good chance Disney tweaks some things or pricing just because of this.

2 Likes

It is a business move. A podcast I was listening g nailed it for me- he is making business decisions and Disney fans are upset because it does not seem like he has any passion for the parks. Precovid they were reinvesting 4% of the profits back into the park (their quote not mine).

I don’t think anything we fans say/do will have any impact. We can be replaced.

That was a cold bucket of ice water- wasn’t it?

9 Likes

Something like this happens every time! Every.Stinking.Time :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Whew! Finally got to the end of this thread. My FP+ game was strong but I have never used MaxPass. I know this is all conjecture at this point, but for those familiar with MaxPass (and saying the new whatever it is called is “basically MaxPass”) and also familiar with FP+. Was there a modify option like with FP+ and/or could you relatively successfully use the modify option to move up times/switch to a preferred attraction if all the sudden available?

5 Likes

Great question!

1 Like

Wow, we are all kind and generous to this program compared to the comments on YouTube.

There’s just so much about it that seems like it wasn’t thought out especially from the guest point of view. "This will be great and it’s only $15 — only $15 when a family is spending $1000-$2000 a day to be here is a drop in the bucket!

4 Likes

Still the same Kitty. Thats why UOR have pushed on VERY quickly with their 4th gate. I bet they cannot believe their luck with all the own goals Disney are scroing right now.

4 Likes

And then only another $24 each to actually ride 1 headliner. We’re truly blessed.

3 Likes

DISNEY: and we know you’ll love not having a plan and paying for fastpasses because everyone loves MaxPass

ME: way to go, California, you ruined Disney

11 Likes

With FPP, yes you had the 60-day window but I rarely got exactly what I wanted and had to pull all sorts of audibles day of to figure out a way to ride everything I wanted to. Unless you used Club Level, I think most people were in a similar boat. I don’t think this is that much different from a planning perspective. It will take some getting used to and learning the patterns of which G+ passes to get first.

3 Likes

Sounds like Genie will be non-stop audibles and stress from 7 AM to closing.
But I guess we’ll see.

2 Likes

Great to “see” you @Stuart007!

This for sure. It may not work in WDW the way it did in DL for various reasons. But it worked well enough in DL that I think it’s worth waiting and seeing.

I would always have a touring plan and generally could follow it with MaxPass. There were only a couple rides that I had to be extra diligent about getting a FP early for (like Radiator Springs Racers). Once it launches at WDW, patterns will emerge and we’ll be able to plan just as much as we did with FPP.

3 Likes

I haven’t been to DL since 2015 so have never tried MP.

I was a master at FP+ so I will miss it. We’ll no doubt be sucked into paying for Genie+. But not LL+. (Namely because I have been on the headliners numerous times already)

3 Likes

Disney+ should spin the What If… show into a WDW parks version. I have a million scenarios floating around in my head after this. I know it is just because I prefer to plan everything way in advance and am instead impatiently waiting on announcements.
I’m assuming way too many things that may definitely blow up in my face…firstly, that Genie will only operate during normal park hours and after hours/special events will just be regular ol’ standby.

3 Likes

Do you think this will hold true for AP holders (staying on property)

I am guessing but I would think it might tie into park reservations vs length of stay…?

Anyone thoughts?

So that was my big rub with Maxpass in DL. You had to just take whatever time was next and you could not refresh or modify. If you cancelled a fastpass and you were still in your 90 minute window you had to wait that full 90 minutes before getting the next one. So it wasn’t just that you could only hold 1 at a time* it was that you could only book 1 every 90 minutes unless you actually used it.

*You could hold more than 1 at a time if you booked every 90 minutes for future times. When I took a midday break I kept booking every 90 minutes for later so that when I came back to the park later I had 2 or 3 lined up.

7 Likes

The flipside to this is that some (like me) didn’t enjoy feeling like we had to constantly have our faces in our phones refreshing and modifying in order to keep up.

2 Likes