Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

That’s not even the concerning scenario. Cause that can be covered by a simple contract outline.

The real scary one is you do nothing, but they gave you access “just in case”, and they do something and then suddenly dispute the charge saying you did it.

I don’t know if the system is going to log location when a purchase is made, so there might be no proof other than “this account made the purchase”.

2 Likes

We can book for length of stay.

I do that all the time. They give consent ahead of time.

1 Like

Or if you purchase Test Track LL$ and - big surprise - is broken

5 Likes

Ugh- was hoping the 7AM for resort guests would apply, used a year and a half of DVC points for Villas Grand Californian -

Have they at least brought back early entry?

Firstly, love TP been using for years now. But if Disney is continually, in real time, processing entries at every attraction will there not be a lag before the data is published and then can be digested and processed by TP? So Genie will be ahead at least to some degree?

1 Like

Realize TP has its own data sources but will not Disney have exact, actual, real time data?

1 Like

Re Tier 1 riding many times: But so many onsite will be thinking same thing. Ride once then move on to Genie+ rides in descending order of popularity to stay ahead of the crowd curve maybe a better strategy.

1 Like

Love your analysis, very close to mine. Only difference I do not see paying for 7DMT

We had a great experience with Gold Mobility Scooters our last trip in Feb 2020. Glad Buena Vista worked for you, but if anything should happen, I recommend GMS for sure.

1 Like

It feels very much the opposite- on-site folks used to get full extra hour in the am - and back in the day several hours at night + fast pass selection weeks in advance-

Now even though I am staying on-site my benefit level is drastically reduced…

5 Likes

The advantage is that all parks are open early for onsite guests instead of a rotation. So I stead of everyone going to one park, it should be dispersed better (in theory). The night time one is annoying since it is now only for deluxe resort guests.

3 Likes

Actually It is the same window as MP. The 2 hour window was for the paper fp and the 90 minutes was MP.

1 Like

Deluxe resort guests who will be sleeping in and missing the next day’s 7 o’clock panic

Seriously the chair as a cane is a bad idea!

It’s not designed for it and could very well tip if it’s not weighed down…

I am not one to recommend the ECVs they aren’t a solution for many -but you can rent them get them outside the park for a significant discount.

Please check with a medical professional - they will give you options/ideas for his specific injury,…

1 Like

I agree— it’s seeming to me (at the moment & hopefully it will change) is that with the Genie+ program it’s taking away more of the advantages of staying on property.

2 Likes

IMO you should not have to apologize or explain your comment. If your ok with the up charge great…if others aren’t that’s fine too…

And other people should respect that-

We have a trip coming up that will most likely be a once in a lifetime to Disneyland… we will have 3 days only and on a weekend. Before the genie announcement I was considering a private VIP tour for my family and setting aside funds to do it by making adjustments elsewhere to adjust.

Do what what works for you!

4 Likes

You get the extra hours at MK and EP which to me, is not insignificant

2 Likes

But only if your trip includes a Monday and Wednesday night which is just kinda meh. It’s like they said “now which nights are the least likely to be used so we can discontinue it asap for lack of interest”.

4 Likes

It just occurred to me. This is the ultimate in managing expectations for what somone can expect to accomplish in a day.

I remember a Disney Dish episode where you discussed the number of experiences a guest has to have to feel satisfied with their day. Didn’t that number average around 8?

Whom among us has not tried to put 20 experiences into a touring plan, only to 1)have it tell you several of those experiences can’t happen during normal park hours or 2) have your kid mess up the perfect TP with 15 attractions because they want to look at the ducks in the moat.

Disney can deliver on 8 experiences without doing anything particularly fancy, and at the same time, leave guests feeling satisfied (if my memory about the # of experiences is accurate).

4 Likes