Gems " to be caught"

Where do you get “believable” gems to be caught during Philaharmagic? Looking all over and I’m only finding glass type beads.

I think many folks find them at Michael’s craft store - have you tried there?

Not yet. That’ll be my next stop. Do you know if they have the “gem” like shape? Thank you.

We got a ruby and a diamond both at Michael’s, both gem shaped and quite believable. In the floral section.

I just got mine at Michael’s last week. It is a big red diamond-shaped gem that was near the floral section, near the smaller rocks/gems that you put in vases. It was about $6, about the size of a fist or a doorknob, and pretty heavy.

1 Like

Anyone with picture to share?

Here it is on top of a standard piece of paper (to show size). Hope this helps!

Wow!! The kids will love it… Now where to hide it :wink:

Did you find it? My daughter will probably be a little young to fully “get” it (she’ll be almost 3 when we go in a month), but this will be our last trip for awhile and after reading about this on Lines I couldn’t resist. The next time we go in a few years she’ll be tall enough to do Soarin’, so I’ll probably do the golf ball trick then.

My mom (62) is traveling with us this year (Aug 19-25). She’s taking the place of my husband who has to stay home and tend to our business and chocolate lab :wink: So, she just picked it up from Michael’s. She’s very excited about doing the catching for twins 5 and 13 year old grandchildren. She also picked up golf ball. In 8 trips to WDW we have never done it. I do think the twins especially will fall for it hook, line and sinker! Thanks for all you info @eriinfo

She added a “pearl” necklace for female twin because there’s also one of those in the show.

Sounds fantastic! I bet they’ll love all the stuff you guys “catch”. Glad your mom was able to find the gems, plus all the other stuff.

Take a black sharpie and draw on a Mickey head!

1 Like

Hobby Lobby has a great selection of believable glass gems, also near the floral section.