GE - DL vs. DW

I went to DL in the summer of 2019 and loved GE. I am now planning a trip to DW for summer 2020. Are there any notable differences between GE in DL and in DW? I am definitely planning on exploring GE, but I don’t want to miss something. I am a huge SW fan.

They are both “basically” the same. Where one X-Wing is in DLR it’s a bit further away at WDW. The entry paths are different sizes at each park. It’s only very minor things like that.

1 Like

The only difference right now is that Rise of the Resistance is open at WDW but that will change on January 17th when it opens at Disneyland!

I’m actually very excited to see how this all goes down at DLR on Friday. Most of the Disney news / feeds are focused on WDW.

1 Like

I’m curious too. I’m wondering if it will be more manageable at DL both at opening and in the long run due to their FP system. If it is, I may skip at WDW alterando save it for a trip to DL.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m doing. Going there in September. It’ll be my first visit to SW:GE. Should be low crowds - only going Mon. - Friday.

This was just released. DLR will be operating RotR BGs using the same guidelines at WDW / DHS.

• Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park .

• The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours , even if the park opens beforehand.

• Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app.

• There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.

• Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status.

• Admission into Star Wars : Rise of the Resistance will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction.

• Guests may be assigned to a “backup” boarding group . Backup boarding groups are only called if all previous boarding groups have been called and there is extra capacity for additional Guests.

• You will be able to join one boarding group per day .

1 Like