Garden Grill or Biergarten for Christmas Processional? Help!

We’re taking the grandkids 7, 9, to Disney World early Dec for their first (maybe only?) Disney trip.
Both my husband and I were on the computer and phone trying to book a Christmas Processional dining package.
We both got reservations for the same day (and will cancel one)
Garden Grill with 7:00 show and Biergarten with 8:30 show.

Biergarten looks like it might be more Christmas-y. Con - a more limited menu?
Garden Grill might have better selection of food? Con - more expensive, less atmosphere?

Atmosphere is very important & means a lot, but food also counts. We’re taking kiddos to other Character meals… They’re not super picky eaters.

Your thoughts?

GG has Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. It gets great reviews for character interaction. The food for lunch and dinner (I’ve read) is ok, but not as good as breakfast (which isn’t happening currently). I admit I haven’t been there yet.

Biergarten has great entertainment. I really like the food on the buffet (it’s my kind of food), and I think there would be enough to appeal to the kids. I think World Showcase gets very festive in decoration and entertainment for Christmas. There’s a Christmas shop and a toy shop (among others) within the Germany pavilion.

I don’t know what meal times you got to go with those show times, but consider where you need to be and when for each combo. Does one work better for you than the other? Will you be in Epcot on more than one day?

4 Likes

My girls were not picky eaters either and Biergarten was fine food wise, but they sat us at large table with other people and my kids did not really like that. It was difficult for them to get out of their seat and go up to the buffet so they only ate one plate. Not sure if they seat you with others since Covid, but just a heads up. They still love Garden Grill. That is a family favorite.

There are foods at Biergarten that are “safe and familiar” to the pickier eater.
I would probably go there, personally. Both for atmosphere and proximity to CLP after.

1 Like

We’ve been to both and overall my kids preferred Garden Grill to Biergarten. BG was fun but GG was special, and even as adults they always requested GG. I think we did BG 2x and GG 5-6x. Overall, they preferred the family style and Chip and Dale - they liked the food equally, iirc.

(Our first trip was 2005 and they were 14, 12, 7 and 5. Our last trip was 2019 and they were 27, 21, and 19 - our oldest was married by then!)

1 Like

In July they weren’t putting different parties together but it may have changed since.

1 Like

That’s tough as both are good choices. I actually like the ambience of Garden Grill. It’s cozy and the food is more of a Christmas dinner type. You get sooooo much character interaction because it’s small and private feeling. However, as a mom of teens now I’d pick Biergarten. Super great atmosphere and I like the food. So much choices and good for picky eaters as some of it is very kid friendly. You can’t go wrong with either choice at that age so maybe pick based on which CP showtime is better for you too?

2 Likes

Garden Grill! So much fun with kids and the food is family friendly. My kids are grown now and still love going there.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to decide between the two as well and am leaning towards GG We’ve eaten at both before and preferred the food at GG but I have picky eaters. They pretty much just ate cheese and cookies at Biergarten.

I’m a semi picky eater and I think I’d pick Biergarten over GG because there are more options to choose from. GG right now is like 2 meats and 3 sides end of story. I would love to go for the characters, but the menu does not appeal to me at all for the price. BG was only moderately decorated and festive feeling last year. I was honestly a little disappointed. I left full and happy though and really enjoyed the live musicians. My biggest question for you would be how will the kids handle the 8:30 performance time? That’s pretty late in the day, it’s a long and sometimes boring (from a kid perspective) show that ends not long before the park closes for the night. Do you normally stay till park close? You’ll also be with all the end of night crowd for transportation too.

1 Like

Here’s another question to ask? I see in the past that the Oktoberfest Musikanten played Christmas songs during their performances in this season in the past. I was leaning Le Cellier (cuz I’m just going two adults) but given than Biergarten puts up holiday garlands/lights everywhere and possibly we could get some Christmas music from the performers I’m personally leaning Biergarten now myself between my two choices. (I can’t book for another week and half or so as I’m going on 12/19). Does anyone know if they still do a special holiday version of their show?

1 Like

The 8:30 show timeframe is a tiny bit concerning.
Luckily we’re staying at Boardwalk and park hopping.
So go somewhere in the morning, come home, let them swim or relax, then walk over to EPCOT.
All great advice.
Still cannot decide!

Oh - BTW, their last name is Schneider :wink:

1 Like

I read back through my trip report from last year. There were 0 holiday decorations in BG and I don’t remember if they did any holiday songs or not, but it was not festive and I was disappointed by that.

1 Like

Yeah all the videos of I can find of them doing that are from like 2018 and earlier like 2015, 2012 so maybe it’s a thing of the past…
I did see someone say they had decorations in Le Cellier last year

1 Like

Yes, we have park hoppers so I’ve scheduled a visit to each park a morning one day, and afternoon/evening on a different day. Staying at an EPCOT resort makes it easier to give kids (and us!) a mid day break.

2 Likes