This forum post is to discuss the Disney Dish event on the Galactic Starcruiser. It begins on March 30, 2023 and runs through the morning of April 1.
Some tips on making the most of your Starcruiser experience:
Before You Arrive
- In order to make the most of your journey, craft a back story – a few short sentences about the character you’re willing to play for two days and where in the Galaxy you’re from. Use this persona when introducing yourself to Cast Characters. Engaging the Cast while in character tells them you’re willing to play along throughout your adventures.
- Follow the signs in the park. Your GPS may not be any help to you. There is no transport to any other Disney park.
- Arrive well-rested. You can expect the games to run until 10:00 – 11:00 p.m. nightly.
- Plan to board at 1:00 p.m.
- From 1:00 – 4:00 p.m., take time to explore the ship. Be sure to introduce your Starcruiser ‘self’ to the characters.
- Begin thinking of one-two improvisational prompts that can be used as an ice breaker to engage the cast characters and help them remember you – something not everyone is likely to have asked. Cast characters include the First Order Lieutenant, Baggage Handler, Entertainer, Cruise Director, Captain.
- Side note: Please ask the Cruise Director if they’re showing the nine-part epic saga, “Space Robots in Outer Space.”
During Your Stay
- While Jim and Len will be sure to choose different paths, chances are high you will be doing different missions than these intrepid explorers. Still, your paths will likely cross.
- There are three or four main story lines with which you can align: Jedi, First Order, Smuggler, etc. This allows you to follow one story throughout the entire game experience. You don’t have to choose which alignment until the end of Night One.
- As you work through the game, it’s important to communicate with others in the group to help, sharing clues and solving puzzles.
- Expect to spend at least three hours on Batuu during Day Two.
- If you plan on spending some time and money in the Gift Shop, the best time to visit may be during meal times.
- You cannot hand things (business cards, pictures and so forth) to any cast members.
After Your Stay
We will meet at Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs after our return. Around 11:00. (Details to come)
For a more comprehensive review, please read Len’s blog from March 2022: Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser – The Steamboat Willie of Themed Experiences