Galactic Starcruiser with Jim & Len from the Disney Dish | March 30 to April 1, 2023

This forum post is to discuss the Disney Dish event on the Galactic Starcruiser. It begins on March 30, 2023 and runs through the morning of April 1.

Some tips on making the most of your Starcruiser experience:

Before You Arrive

• In order to make the most of your journey, craft a back story – a few short sentences about the character you’re willing to play for two days and where in the Galaxy you’re from. Use this persona when introducing yourself to Cast Characters. Engaging the Cast while in character tells them you’re willing to play along throughout your adventures.
  • Follow the signs in the park. Your GPS may not be any help to you. There is no transport to any other Disney park.

Upon Arrival

• Arrive well-rested. You can expect the games to run until 10:00 – 11:00 p.m. nightly.
  • Plan to board at 1:00 p.m.
  • From 1:00 – 4:00 p.m., take time to explore the ship. Be sure to introduce your Starcruiser ‘self’ to the characters.
  • Begin thinking of one-two improvisational prompts that can be used as an ice breaker to engage the cast characters and help them remember you – something not everyone is likely to have asked. Cast characters include the First Order Lieutenant, Baggage Handler, Entertainer, Cruise Director, Captain.
    • Side note: Please ask the Cruise Director if they’re showing the nine-part epic saga, “Space Robots in Outer Space.”

During Your Stay

• While Jim and Len will be sure to choose different paths, chances are high you will be doing different missions than these intrepid explorers. Still, your paths will likely cross.
  • There are three or four main story lines with which you can align: Jedi, First Order, Smuggler, etc. This allows you to follow one story throughout the entire game experience. You don’t have to choose which alignment until the end of Night One.
  • As you work through the game, it’s important to communicate with others in the group to help, sharing clues and solving puzzles.
  • Expect to spend at least three hours on Batuu during Day Two.
  • If you plan on spending some time and money in the Gift Shop, the best time to visit may be during meal times.
  • You cannot hand things (business cards, pictures and so forth) to any cast members.

After Your Stay

We will meet at Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs after our return. Around 11:00. (Details to come)

For a more comprehensive review, please read Len’s blog from March 2022: Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser – The Steamboat Willie of Themed Experiences

16 Likes

I :heart: Hank Lonely :rofl:

9 Likes

I seriously can’t wait to read all about GSwJ&L.

Awesome.

3 Likes

If I ever make it to the Starcruiser, Hank Lonely will be part of my backstory.

4 Likes

I cannot wait to meet you all aboard. I’ve talked some other friends into splitting a cabin with me - there are 3 of us ladies.
I was on the Disney Dish on the Disney Wish, so I’m hoping to see some of you again from that experience. (Any other Wishers here?)
I’ve designed my outfits to be both StarWars-y and comfortable. I’m still working on my back story, but I want it to be concise & it must definitely involve Tic Tacs (aka Spice). But, let’s be honest here, I’m most excited about the StarCruiser’s food & the possibility of really bad line dancing with Hank Lonely. Ha!

4 Likes

Looking forwards to following on from afar. We did try to ask CMs about the Hank lonely saga last summer & we’re met with blank stares. I didn’t think to ask the cruise director specifically. We had a complex family back story set up by DS18 & didn’t manage to share much of it. I was prepared to say I’d been an actor in the original trilogy prior to meeting my DH.

2 Likes

I’m working on a Hank Lonely t-shirt with the talented Rob Yeo. Let me know what you think of this sketch, please.

10 Likes

Sadly, I’m not very familiar with the Hank Lonely stories to know how well this design captures their essence. :laughing:

I do get enough story from the picture to fill in the blanks.

I’m assuming the droids are supposed to look like a trash can and an espresso maker.

3 Likes

I was going to ask the same thing!

1 Like

Yeah, those are stand-ins right now. We’ve never really specified the shape of the droids, other than to say they look similar to the ones in the SW universe.

3 Likes

The t-shirt is perfect. I like the look of the droids as is because it adds to the satire.

5 Likes

Do I need to make a reservation for the Halcyon to transport me Batuu & can I make that reservation now before I arrive? How do I make that? Of course, I’d like an early time. Will the earliest time get me there for rope drop?

1 Like

I’ve read you will get a scheduled transport time as your trip gets closer- maybe a few days before you board the Halcyon. If you need to change your transport time, you can visit Passenger Services on the starcruiser and they will be able to help you change it.

1 Like

Yep you get a timetable with your bridge training, light saber training and batuu times- should be out by now I’d think. Look at your playdisney app starcruiser section.

From all accounts I think you just show up at the transfer “shuttle” whenever you want whatever your time actually says. The training sessions are set though.

1 Like

This design captures my hunger! I think it’s perfect and so fun. That Death Star is everything. It’s missing pineapple, as my DS would say.

2 Likes

You guys all set to get on board? Have a fantastic trip!
Ignite the spark.

5 Likes

We are all set!! So excited!!

19 Likes

Len is lening hard. Seeing him dance in person is everything.

15 Likes

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

9 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes