Galactic StarCruiser schedule

Hi, Does anyone know when the schedule for the Galactics Starcruiser expands ? We are considering a visit for April 2024 and just want to get an idea on pricing. Maybe just price one of the April 2023 trips and hope pricing is similar.

I donā€™t know the answerā€¦but weird stuff is happening with the cruiser. Some dates have been outright cancelled, and they arenā€™t filling up any cruises. Some CMs have quit recently as well.

Purely a guess, but I anticipate Disney will be making changes. Either offering discounts to get more people in, or simplifying the experience to reduce costs. (The latter of which they sort of have done already, to a small degree.)

2 Likes

They are already trying to offer a ā€˜deal adjacentā€™ Save Up to $700 on a 2-Night Stay At a Select Disney Resort Hotel | Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Voyages | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

2 Likes

They are in a tricky spot. If they offer discounts to the actual voyages, and people donā€™t bite, all they have done is given discounts to those who already booked and then call to get the discounted priceā€¦which makes matters worse for Disney, in terms of any given voyage bringing in revenue to offset costs.

So, I can see why such an adjacent deal is a hope to convince people to either book, or perhaps get those already booked to extend their visit.

Disney has created a bit of a mess for themselves. Iā€™m struggling to see a future where the Starcruiser experience can continue to exist as it currently is for very much longer. :confused:

4 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™m ok with discounts! Maybe Iā€™ll give them a call and see if they can tell when April 2024 will be available to purchase or at least price out. Iā€™ll pass on any info. Hopefully its not a long phone call!

Quick phone call with Star cruiser customer service. Not likely to see April 2024 dates until late in the year. We are hoping to start our trip with star cruiser and then switch to grand Floridian or boardwalk, so I guess we need to book directly with Disney in order to make any changes. Too bad, we normally book with Davids vacation club for the extra savings.

Glad I went last summer as I got full experience and it was great! Even tho it gave me Covid. :wink:

2 Likes

:-(. But prolly means more money for them so thatā€™ll make Disney happy

Iā€™m so jealous. My plan is to go in Aprilish 2024, but Iā€™m afeared itā€™s not going to last that long. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve read, all actors were on 1 year contracts, and all contracts came up for renewal. Itā€™s an intense job - probably similar to a Broadway actor does or worse since they are acting for more than a couple of hours each day. All that to say, I didnā€™t find the turnover alarming.

1 Like

Originally, I didnā€™t. But I watched this guy on YouTube (sorryā€¦blanking who it wasā€¦Iā€™ll see if I can dig it up) where he played the videos of a few of the key actors announcing that they were quitting. All seemed wellā€¦EXCEPT that there was a mysterious similarity in their language choiceā€¦almost as if they had been told what to say.

It might not be anything to worry aboutā€¦but at the same time, it leaves me wondering if they have more to say, but arenā€™t allowed to say it.

This is why I mentioned it being ā€œweirdā€.

3 Likes

But you also might not get Covid! ;-). So thereā€™s that!

4 Likes

Have there been any news about the Starcruiser? Or any reports from there giving a glimpse whether itā€™s busy or completely empty?

I looked a the the calendar out of curiousity, and save for a few dates here and there (May and July I think), there is constant availability from tomorrow onwards

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard much lately other than that they have cancelled a few cruises that werenā€™t full enough. My guess is that the ā€œfailureā€ is overblown and that most cruises are mostly full, with the few that are cancelled being during slow times. But sounds like most are not at capacity. Thatā€™s not a bad thing, IMO (for guests).

Yea I suppose everyone loves to report on how itā€™s a total disaste, but I wasnā€™t able to find any personal accounts witnessing it being empty or close to it. Mightā€™ve happened but probably partly hyperbole.

I do think they should make the pricing more dynamic to keep it full at all times, though.

Came across a funny discussion already making predictions on what they will do with it in the future, including converting it to a regular hotel with some of the experiences but less of a storyline and acting. I guess that would be plausible at some point, but they could also try building a totally different story around it.

2 Likes

Agreed! Their stubbornness to offer any sort of direct discount (as opposed to an oblique one) is baffling to me. My guess is it will happen soon though, if the reports of struggles to keep it full are at all true.

With Universal about to offer a space themed hotel, you have to wonder what impact that might also end up happening.

1 Like