Gabmom first trip back since September 2018

That was my thinking too!

We really gotta get that gofundme up and running so I can just…i dunno, live in Disney.

6 Likes

Good luck with that. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Or you could just check in with us before you book your trip next time. :wink::joy:

4 Likes

Great suggestion!

2 Likes

But my way gets me Disney all day, everyday….? So this way no one needs to check in… :star_struck:

3 Likes

Day Three

Animal Kingdom.

My husband isn’t a early person. We didn’t rope drop but mid of resort hour. We went to Flight of Passage, we also saw Lion King, Kilamanjara Safari and Expedition Everest. Then we need to go to Disney Springs.

We saw my fellow former employee and his wife at Homecoming. We all had the fried chicken. It was good. We also had the hummingbird cake split of us. I work with him and he moved to Florida and used to work at Animal Kingdom. I also got him pretzels from Pennsylvania. When we were done we went to the resor

We then got on skyliner to Riviera

9 First visit to Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming and having the famous fried chicken.

1. Had the hummingbird cake for dessert. We all split it because none had ever tried it.

Day done

16 Likes

Gorgeous pics!

Day Four - Epcot.

This day was originally booked at Hollywood Studios. I was determined to get on Rise of the Resistance. Since I accomplished that goal, I now wanted to ride Remy. The day before I visited guest services and had them check for availability and switched parks. I am an early person and got a boarding group in the 80’s that was estimated for 1 pm.

Since early entry was 10 am, my husband could handle roap drop. Epcot is a direct ride on the skyliner from the Riviera. We did roapdrop. I can do roapdrop but we ha have a harder time. We rode frozen first thing. We wondered around World showcase and got to Mexico.

1. I had my first visit and drink in La Cava del Tequila.

We got there at opening and I had Abuelita mudslide. It was served in a cone shaped glass on a stand and they put a nitro bubble on it. Drink of the day.

It was delicious.

We rode spaceship earth and decided to get on the monorail to get to Wilderness Lodge to see the Christmas decorations. Our boarding group was pushed back to 5 pm. We had to transfer at the transportation center to get to MK where the boat launch to Wilderness. We saw the decorations and got lunch at Geyser Point

We then took the bus back to Epcot and rode Soarin, Living with the Land and Figment. We finally got on Remy

1. Rode Remy. Loved it. My husband was tired and he went back to the resort. I visited more of world showcase before I went back to the resort.

I got food at the resort for dinner. Did I mention that I could see Epcot fireworks from our room.

Day Four done.

17 Likes

I’ve never been to La Cava, definitely on the list for next time. Your view is so pretty!

4 Likes

I went at 11 am. We were in the tower room with the murphy bed. I requested west view and had the middle room. I couldn’t put the bed up - too heavy for me

4 Likes

I found myself first asking - why no margarita when at La Cava??? But then I saw the photo - what a cool drink!!!

7 Likes

The nitro bubble was an elaborate demonstration put on at the table. It was the drink of the day

5 Likes

RDing La Cava. Brilliant!!

3 Likes

I was the first one in

3 Likes

Well done!!

Day 5. Magic Kingdom.

This was the day of the proposal. My husband woke up and said he didn’t feel good. My son and his girlfriend went to breakfast with her parents. I headed to the MK. I wanted to ride Jingle cruise and got in line.

About halfway through my wait our son called saying they were headed to the park. He was anxious to propose but I wasn’t getting out of line. My husband said he would come to the park for the proposal and I called my husband after my son’s call. They all had to wait for me to get my ride. The jingle cruise only happens for about four weeks of the year and I have only been there once before.

On the way to the castle we caught the parade

The proposal took place on the side of the castle. An older couple was there taking pictures but now there is a wedding to plan

My husband and I decided to go to the Grand Floridian to see the Christmas decorations and to get lunch. The park seemed kind of busy and we escaped.

We ended up getting lunch and eating out by the water. We finished up and took the boat back to the magic Kingdom where we caught the bus to the resort. We were having dinner that evening at Topolinos. I ended up at the pool with Gabi’s parents and my husband took a nap.

We all waited on the terrace until our table was ready.

The meal was delicious. I had the Diver scallops and the soup.

I had wanted to go to Trader Sams so my husband and I went after dinner.

My first were

1. Shaved truffles on the soup.
    13 First meal at Topolinos
  2. First time buying food at gingerbread house. I saw it when it was closed on a prior trip.

End of the day

14 Likes

That’s a lovely pic of Gabe and Gabi on the terrace.

2 Likes

I love Gabe and Gabi’s Princess and the Frog shirts for the proposal! And I agree with @missoverexcited - the photo of them on the terrace at Topolino’s is gorgeous. They’re a good looking couple!

6 Likes

Day 6.

Our second day at Animal Kingdom. My son asked us to take her fiance’s parents with us.

We went to Kilamanjara Safari. After that we took them to the Dino area

We ate our lunch there. We then when to are resort.

My husband took a nap. I went to the pool and the girls parents there.

After that my husband and I went to Hollywood Studios for me go to Rock and Roller coaster and the Tower of Terror. We then got on the skyliner to Epcot. I wanted pizza but it was closed. My husband got fish and chips.

I then found @jlyn

!

After that we went to the resort and I got a hamburger at Riva Bars. It was good.

We went to our room and it was fireworks time

!

Day is done

10 Likes

Yay for a liner meet! Great room view.

2 Likes