G+ or no G+

Not sure exactly. Go back to something more basic and less complicated I guess?

I just feel so bad for those visitors sharing their stories in the comments and having a horrible time with G+.

1 Like

This morning, we did AK without Genie+. We had no issues getting on everything we wanted. AK opened at 8am and we did early entry. We did FOP, KS, EE, Conservation station and Dinosaur before eating at Y&Y with our Landry’s card at around 11:45am. We tried to watch the kite show, but honestly that was boring, so we walked away. The longest wait was Dinosaur at 35 minutes. We just got back to our room for an afternoon break and will be heading to HS in a few hours. We will see how that goes without Genie+.

I do miss fastpass though.

Lightening lane lines were nothing like FP+. It was a few people at a time that would trickle in.

7 Likes

This is all good info for me. :grin:

During my January solo trip, I plan on splitting one day between AK and DHS. Basically rope drop early entry and stack LLs all morning for DHS (starting with SDD at 7am, quickly followed by an ILL for ROTR). It is great to hear how achievable everything is at AK without Genie+.

1 Like

We just got back from HS. No Genie +. We did Millennium Falcon, Star Tours twice, and Mickey and Minnie railway. We could have done more, but we had Ogas at 7pm and build a droid at 8:50pm. The longest wait was MFSR at 45 minutes. It did not feel that long. Wait times definitely go down as the night goes on at HS.

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting your experience. It makes me curious if fewer people are purchasing G+ now that the hacks are fixed, and reports coming in that the advantages aren’t terribly great. (Secretly, this makes me happy if it is the case, because I kinda actually want G+ to be a financial flop for Disney.)

2 Likes

CL’s yesterday were 2 for AK and 4 for HS. Lowest since Nov 19. That’s the big factor here.

3 Likes

We are trying Genie + today for MK. We are currently at HS. We did ROTR, ToT, RnRC, MFSR, and Muppets by 11am, getting here by 7:45am by bus. I’m grabbing LL. So far I have JC and PP.

2 Likes

It may have been listed as that, but there are a lot of people here. More than I’ve seen in previous trips in September and May, when CL’s were higher. Today is supposed to be CL2 at HS. There are just not as many people eaters. Almost everything was at least an hour wait by around 10:30am in HS. Rope drop, EE and evening hours are very important in this park.

I also am not using Genie + at HS. The times for the more popular rides are too far out.

1 Like

Sounds like you did pretty good this morning at HS with standby. Good plan to stack some LL for later at MK.

1 Like

Like SDD? What am I missing, you did most of the others.

I looked at them at 7am and most of them had pushed off to the afternoon at that point. We weren’t interested in afternoon times. We are going back to HS on Friday and we will rope drop SDD and do the TSL attractions using EE. Between last night and this morning, we have done almost everything standby without a problem.

2 Likes

Great planning and strategy, have a blast!

1 Like

Thanks! We are!

1 Like

Curious…did you look again at 7:10? I read that once someone LOOKS at availability, it “locks” those from being accessed until a timeout of approximately 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, those not actually taken were released back. So, if you don’t get something exactly at 7:00, 7:10 or so becomes the next best time to find earlier availability.

1 Like

I just looked at times and did not try to book. I did see when looking at MK that times would back up a little bit every few minutes, but I thought that might have been people jockeying for times.

So far, we have waited in lines for Lightening lane. Shorter than standby, but longer than rope drop and shortly thereafter. We waited 20 minutes for Jingle Cruise and we are now in line for Haunted Mansion.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, I always like to hear if the LL seems to move slower or faster than what the FP queue did. Been getting different opinions and a wide range of loading ratios.

1 Like

Each attraction we get on is speeding up. It’s been really beneficial in MK.

1 Like