FYI The First Quarter Walt Disney Company Earnings Results Webcast starts at 4:30 EST

Here’s the linky thingy for any of you crazies or insomniacs.

Here are the Financials, the company overall made a very small profit in Q1.

Theme Park Insider posted this brief summary of the theme park results on Twitter a few minutes ago

The Walt Disney Company’s Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment today reported a loss of $119 million on $3.588 billion in revenue for the quarter ending January 2, 2021. That’s a 53 percent decline in revenue from the same period at the end of 2019.

DIS shares are spiking. I might sell tomorrow, since I’ve doubled my investment.

2 Likes

95 Million Disney+ subscribers.

Most experts had the stock losing 40 to 45 cents per share, Disney posted a 2 cent per share earnings.

2 Likes

I’ve made $40 on my 4 shares since I bought them a couple weeks ago. Not quite doubled. lol

1 Like

All profit is good profit.

1 Like

Bad news is on the Domestic Theme park side. These numbers are all comparing Q1 2020 to Q1 2019.

Revenue dropped from $4.939 Billion to $1.489 Billion. The Domestic side went from income of $1,572 Billion to a loss of $798 Million, a change of $2.37 Billion.

Prior year first quarter, Disney put $820 Million in Domestic parks capital investment, this year it decreased decreased by $484 Million to $336 Million.

Disney Domestic Parks are bleeding cash. But Disney still has plenty of cash overall. The rest of the company is doing better.

Listening to the Earnings call, Bob Chapek mentions Rat Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, Harmonious, and Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind but gives no time table for opening.