FYI for Fort Wilderness Golf Carts policy update

Just Posting for those who are Staying at the Fort in the near future and want a golf cart. I was sent updated policies from Disney. Looks like the main change will be that starting June 1, if you are bringing your own Golf Cart you must present Disney with proof of Liability insurance for your cart and sign a waiver. I would assume this would also apply to those who are renting a golf cart from somewhere other than Disney. I attached the link to the policy….hope it works.

7 Likes

I also noticed that they included a link for partner vendors for rental campers and seperately added a line stating no 3rd party businesses were allowed to conduct business on-site.
My transmission was from the DTA site so it looked different from yours.
But I wonder if they are going to limit 3rd party golf cart rental.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed the third party vendor section as well. Wasnt sire if that was new or not. They had put some retrictions on third party golf cart rental prior to this butsome companies were working around it. This would keep the vendors from conducting buisness in the parking lot as well.

1 Like

I have seen that you can rent it with a camper. I wonder if that was the work around. They bring and take them together.

Possibly. I think disney stopped the rental companies from delivering to the cabins. Some rental companies are still dropping the cart off in the parking lot and then you would have to pick it up from them there. I would imagine the new wording would elimintlate that exchange frim happening. Others will still rent but you have to physically go to their location and transport it to the fort yourself.

I wonder if you did rent a golf cart if it even has liability insurance on it? Or would you just use your own car insurance like you would do if you rented a car?

1 Like

All good questions. I think they are working to no 3rd party rental golf carts. Make it super hard.
Disney is cracking down on a lot of 3rd party vendors lately…

1 Like