FW Cabin view: is this a symptom of American Car Culture?

OK browsing the Cabins at FW and the views from the various cabins.
Is it my imagination or were all of the photos taken as if you’re standing in the driveway?

I’d expect the view to be from the long porch.
But apparently at FW, a lot of guests prefer to take in the scenery perched on their tail gate.

I think it probably has to do with the nature of the cabins themselves - people want to see the buildings, their situation to other cabins, roads, etc. So that when the staff took the photos, they just did it from the end of each drive way.

1 Like

The initial photos were taken by staff that may not have had access to go on each porch. Over time, users submit photos. But the cabins are not the most popular, so they may still be staff photos.

1 Like

That’s too bad. All of them are just looking across the street at another cabin.

Honestly, that’s pretty much the view you’re going to get. I love the cabins, but looking most ways, you pretty much just see other cabins and driveways/cars. Some of the cabins towards the back of the loops do have some trees and such at the back - just depends on what loop you’re in. If that’s what you’re looking for, I’d look for a map of the whole resort that shows the loop numbers and ask for one at the back of a particular loop.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I’ll do.
FWIW I notice that the map on MDE shows the porches clearly so you can identify which way the cabins face.

Google maps also works surprisingly well. With street view you can really get a good look at what’s around each cabin.

2 Likes

We just got back from a stay at the cabins, and Centavo is right. That is the view you get from the porch. There were woods behind the cabin, but when we went outside to have our coffee we were basically looking at the other cabins. I was honestly a little surprised at how many cabins were on each loop! But there was also a lot of wildlife around to look at- it was kind of a balance.

1 Like