Funny Polynesian review

I’m still trying to figure out how the system let them book Spirit of Aloha on a night it wasn’t even offered. I know MDE is glitchy, but I have never seen THAT.

1 Like

I’d guess they booked a night it’s offered and showed up for the wrong night.

1 Like

Could be. If they were in vacation mode and forgot the days. Though the “review” says they booked it for that day.

Then again, people are weird. My parents usher at Tennessee Performing Arts Center and every time Lion King (and other Disney musicals) is there (those generally sell out to capacity), people show up on dates other than the ones on their tickets saying “Oh. We thought we could come to any of them!” I can only imagine how insane it will be starting NYE when Hamilton is there for a couple of weeks!!

3 Likes

I think that the Hamilton audience will be a little more clued in than the Disney audience. Just saying… :wink:

1 Like

We attend shows at TPAC frequently (although on the correct date)–I wonder if we have seen your parents.

1 Like

One would think. However, they have already had people fooled by scalpers selling tickets that were not even on sale yet. So…

Perhaps!

There we go. Pic! (Daddy does not have the cane anymore. He had his hip replaced just after this cruise!)

4 Likes

Or that they didn’t have to preregister?

1 Like

Yes! It is like they think that room service cost money and it should be free like the dinner show. Wouldn’t it be great if the whole world was like a cruise ship?

2 Likes

That’s an adorable picture. Your mom does look familiar. What a fun place to work.

I am hoping we can land tickets to Hamilton but we weren’t season ticket holders this past year (because my theater buddy was studying in London) so we may be out of luck (they still haven’t announced when tickets go on sale to us regular people). Scalping must be a big concern because they are not doing physical tickets for Hamilton (only will call or through their app).

1 Like

I don’t even understand how scalping is still a thing with the way venues do business with re-sale websites. I have season tickets for college basketball. If I can’t go to the game, I can sell my tickets through Stubhub (or a number of other sites I think, I’ve only used this one though). When I do this, I scan in the tickets, and then when they sell, a new ticket with a new barcode is issued to the buyer. My tickets should no longer be valid. Which means, theoretically, I could go to a scalper after selling my tickets online, and they would have no way of knowing they are no longer valid.

Doesn’t seem worth the risk anymore.

1 Like

By only doing tickets through the TPAC app or in person, they are trying. But even before the full season announcement (Hamilton was announced last year), there were people claiming to have tickets to sell on things like Craig’s List. I know TPAC put out several announcements stressing that tickets were NOT on sale yet and could only be bought through TPAC when they are.

They do usually have a lottery even on tour - though that tends to be rather impossible just as the one for NYC.

1 Like

Yeah, I get there will always be scammers. I’m just thinking that I personally wouldn’t buy from a scalper because now I know there is a chance that they may think they are selling me legit tickets but have them be no good. Even the “good scalpers” might accidentally scam you.

I actually thought they were going away until I noticed them at the last basketball game I went to. I must have just been missing them before. It does seem to be a lot fewer of them than in the past.

1 Like