FUNemployment

I suddenly find myself unemployed (this is a GOOD thing). So, I did what any absolutely crazy person would do - I booked a solo trip for TOMORROW! I’ve never done a last minute trip or a solo trip.

Vague itinerary:

Arrive MCO 1:30 and hop on the DME. Arrive at Pop or BWV (DVC rentals shows a studio available but waiting to hear back from them). Wander to Epcot Guest Services to upgrade my 4 day ticket + 5 day December ticket to an AP (never done that before). Then hit all the Food and Wine (never done that before either).

Monday- MK maybe hop to Epcot and back for final HEA?
Tuesday - HS then hop to AK
Wednesday - RD HS back to hotel by a little before 2:00 for tragical express

Of course, now I have a million questions. And I will be asking them all over the next three days because Liners have never steered me wrong and I fully expect the enablers to help me out.

Here’s the first round:
1- I have never not had a touring plan. But seriously considering RDing then using the “Ride Now” feature and just letting Len and the TP gurus guide me. What would you RD at each park (no EPCOT RD)? I’m not into the ROTR RD chaos so that one is out for me. Have never ridden MMRR and have never seen SB queue for FOP.
2-Since I am traveling solo I’d like to check out some lounges for a few meals. Hit me up with your faves.
3-What’s the latest on the RAT over at Epcot? I know Virtual Queues open 10/1. Any chance I can talk my way into a Brand New Passholder preview? Hints at a soft opening?
5-What’s the latest on Uber to Contemp? Can I do that now since there is no Wave for a Bump and Run?

Whew! This should be an adventure!

15 Likes

Congrats on the last minute trip! I hope the funemployment was by choice and not forced upon you!

2 Likes

I resigned. Thought I had a couple of more weeks but they asked me to just be done so I am!!

5 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Favorite lounges:
Three Bridges
Geyser Point
Sacred Spaces

Note that what they all have in common is quiet, out-of-the-way spaces (mostly) that offer open-air seating with incredible views.

Also: Dahlia Lounge, CG Lounge, Victoria Falls Lounge, Lounge at Sanaa are all fabulous too

3 Likes

Awesome. This is exactly what I’m looking for. Excited to explore.

1 Like

Lol you are assuming every one knows where/what the sacred place is :rofl:. Just in case @MTrib it’s the nomad lounge

3 Likes

See the thing is, I was meaning for her to be able to go there if he knew what it was but if she didn’t it was to be her loss.

But… you’ve blown that :wink:

4 Likes

I googled it and a Liner forum popped up complaining about someone on IG giving away the secret!! :joy:

2 Likes

S/he’s here on the forum… and I knew you didn’t want him/her to miss out :wink:

2 Likes

Nice! Persistence for the win again :wink:

I’m she/her/hers. Melissa. Nice to “meet” you.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you too! Sorry to hear about the job but looks like you are turning it into a positive, yay you!!!

1 Like

It was time to make a change. Wasn’t a good fit anymore. Kinda proud of myself for making the move so seemed like I should celebrate.

5 Likes

No real advice but this is amazing! Have the best time!!

1 Like

Thanks!!

1 Like

I believe @Randall1028 tried to talk his way into Remy yesterday (day before maybe) and it was a no go.

2 Likes

Seems it. Someone with a few more people skills (ready: any) might have more luck. But i got nowhere.

2 Likes

OP, I took a week long road trip after I got laid off in 2018. Take the time to recharge and go head first into applying for jobs.

Have fun!

1 Like

Hahahaha! I’ll try to turn on the charm but my expectations are low.

1 Like