Fuel rods: worth it?

So I tried using a fuel rod for the first time on my trip month and wasnt satisfied. I mean, it kept my phone from dying, but it also didnt charge more than a percentage every five minutes. And since i could only leave my phone still for that long in a locker, i didn’t get much use out of it. Is there a trick to using it I’m not aware of? I tried returning it at the end of the day, but i couldnt fit the capsule into the slot, so i just dropped the battery in. Am i supposed to keep it?

I’m taking an impromptu trip this weekend, and want to know if its worth trying again

2 Likes

This?

It does charge slower than other batteries but not 1% in 5 minutes! Exchange it for a new one. Sometimes the connections get really hot. I would then exchange the fuel rod. And I wouldn’t wait until the phone drops to 5% before charging.

You are supposed to keep the rod and exchange it as needed!

I bought a fuel rod at WDW one time because I left my charging cable at the hotel!:scream::rage: I couldn’t buy just the cable. The fuel rod came with a cable and different connectors. I needed a USB C. It came with that connector! I love the convenience of not having to charge my battery pack because I can exchange it at the parks and resorts for a fresh one. And it is small and light.

3 Likes

Did you leave without the battery? That’s part of the initial expense and you get to keep it, or exchange it for a charge one. Theu are slow, but Iike that they are small and light.

1 Like

I have used fuel rods in Disney for years. I didn’t know they also had ma Hines in Uni. Are exchanges free there too? (I thought there was some talk of an exchange fee somewhere).

The duke rods do not work like my Anker but they are light weight and I always exchange for a new one after I use it. I usually get about a 50% charge.

3 Likes

My daughter is oddly sentimental about the one we picked up in WDW. We recharge it at night to reuse the next day as that’s all we typically need to get us through (although sometimes it’s just barely enough). I like to use a longer cord- this way the rod stays in my bag and I can pull out my phone and use it while it’s still connected/charging.

2 Likes

Fuel rods are notorious bad. They’ll keep your phone “alive”, but won’t “charge” them. Invest in an actual back-up battery. You can get them on Amazon for $50 and they’ll actually charge your phone as needed.

Amazon.com

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

Well i guess thats a learning experience for me

2 Likes

DH dropped the fuel rod into the machine the the wrong direction. He couldn’t get it back out. There was a phone number at the machine. He called and the representative was able to remotely drop out a new fuel rod. Perhaps if you call and explain your situation, you may be able to get a refund. The phone number on my paper work for it is 1-844-383-5763. Best wishes!

2 Likes

We’re up to three fuel rods for our family (where 3 of us now have phones). We’ve accumulated them over the years anytime we’ve had instances where our battery pack was left at the hotel or didn’t get charged up enough and we needed it in a pinch. But now the three that we have stay in our park bags and anytime we’re near a fuel rod station we just refresh for new phones.

If we’re going to be sitting down somewhere (like to eat or waiting for a parade or nighttime show) where my phone being connected to the Anker is less cumbersome, we like & will pull out the Anker, but the fuel rod is a nice boost in between that’s a lot easier to have in hand/quick reach in the small pocket of my bag while being mobile. And between all of that we hardly ever get down to low battery even with all that we use our phones for now in the parks (ordering food, checking waits, taking photos, etc.).

2 Likes

That’s me also! The rod and charging cord stays in my park bag! No chance of leaving either behind. And it gets exchange whenever we see a machine.

2 Likes

Hmm, thats an interesting idea. But its been nearly a month. Do you think they’ll still honor it?

3 Likes

I think it’s worth a try to plead your case politely!

2 Likes

Doesnt seem to matter. All my siblings pulled out at the last minute, so i didnt go