Frontierland parade viewing

My plan is to view FoF parade in Frontierland. What is the best spot - by jamboree or the train station- I know that’s where shade is. What about Pecos? Plan to order churros so could we grab a seat and watch? Is a half hour in advance enough for a good seat? It will be over by 3:15 in that section, right?

1 Like

Following along. This is our plan, too. I’ve heard there’s a good spot in the walkway between Adventureland and Frontierland near the Country Bears.

1 Like

I watched in Liberty Square outside of LTT which is also shaded and yes, the parade will be past you at that point. I think it had even passed me by 3:15. I can’t remember if the parade is 10 minutes or 15 minutes long. I know we got the parade at 3:05.

3 Likes

How early did you get to this spot?

Interesting i need to look this up!

Between 235 and 240. I grabbed the first front row spot I found but I was there on a CL2 day in January and I was alone.

2 Likes

Here’s what I found:

“Decent spots can be found in Frontierland up to 15-20 minutes before the parade begins. There are also shady spots on the Country Bear Jamboree side of the street (arrive earlier if you want to snag a totally shady spot). My favorite place to catch the parade is on the shady side of the street near the cut-over to Adventureland (there is a little raised platform that is shaded by a tree… you might find me perched there one day with my camera and a Citrus Swirl!).”
The Magic of Festival of Fantasy

“* Frontierland, across from the Country Bear Jamboree. I know, odd spot, right? However, we do like this spot for a few reasons. First, it is toward the beginning of the Festival of Fantasy route. So after the parade passes us by, we can get on Big Thunder or Splash either with a Fastpass we scheduled or a low standby wait time. Another great advantage is we don’t have to get a spot so early in this area. If we were on Main Street, we’d stake it out about an hour or so before. If we are back here in Frontierland, we can get a spot about 30 minutes before.”
Five Best Parade Viewing Spots at Magic Kingdom

“I would recommend the area in Frontierland near Country Bear Jamboree. That side will be in the shade while the other side (closest to Tom Sawyer’s Island) will be in the sun.”
Shady viewing spot for Festival of Fantasy? | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

1 Like

It’s also worth noting that the CMs keep several ‘crosswalk’ portions of the parade route open until just minutes before the parade comes by when they rope it off. So you might be able to hover behind other guests next to one of those and fill in that space when it gets blocked off.

1 Like

According to vlogger Adam Hattan the best viewing place is the little courtyard (with a few seats) connected to Ye Old Christmas shoppe. It’s in Liberty square, not Frontierland, but close. This was going to be my plan until my kids chose Tom Sawyer island over the parade. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We have grabbed the same spot not more than 15 or 20 minutes before the parade on any crowd level day without issue

3 Likes

That’s an interesting idea!

Thanks for this! Our plan is to ride PoC before and then go find a spot so walking thru the walkway makes sense. I just have to give us enough time. Last year we got stuck on Splash and did not get out until 2:45. By that time it was impossible to get anywhere as we had a double stroller and all the sidewalks were already full and the street was closed. The wooden walkway was open but still took a while. We ended up being split up as DH kept going with DD and i had the 3 boys. We lost each other and it was a mess. Lesson learned.

1 Like

We ended up on the porch at Pecos. We got there at 2:10 only because we were ahead of schedule and DS2 was napping. 15-20 minutes ahead would have fine. It’s a great view only 1-2 people deep. I like seeing the beginning of the parade and being done at 315. This is a tome saver. The street out of Frontierland will be crowded though and dispersed quickly.

2 Likes