From WDW resort to Port Canaveral cost

I tried to find a way to determine what the cost is to take the Disney Cruise Line shuttle from WDW to Port Canaveral…and similarly, the cost of taking the DCL shuttle from Port Canaveral to MCO.

Anyone have any recent experience to ballpark the price? I thought trying to pretend to book a cruise, it would offer me the option, but it didn’t.

1 Like

I looked at my invoice from my TA, but cruise, pre-paid gratuities, and transportation is all bundled together in the price. I’d guess it’s the same $45/person.

The big advantage of going from WDW to Port Canaveral on their transportation is those are now the first busses to start rolling and get the lower PATs and BGs. The first busses from MCO start after the WDW busses start.

2 Likes

Okay. So plan on $90 each way for two people, for a total of $180?

That’s helpful. Thanks.

2 Likes

That would be my guess. I seem to remember ground transportation from WDW and MCO being the same rate. If I find out otherwise I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Thanks! Not a big deal…just trying to calculate approximate costs involved using DCL. I just couldn’t find ANY prices listed!

1 Like

Another option, just between MCO and any Port Canaveral cruise ship, is Cortrans shuttle. We’ve used them several times. Current price is $30 per person one way, $60 per person round trip.

1 Like

Great! Thanks.

2 Likes

I’d just avoid GoPortCanaveral at all costs. My parents once had them booked as part of a package with a hotel hear MCO and in spite of their paperwork and the hotel’s paperwork showing them booked on the shuttle, they never showed up. The hotel called GoPortCanaveral and their response was basically “Oops! Sorry, we forgot you had people there. The bus already left.” So the hotel paid for an uber for my parents - they were about the last people on the ship.

This is what the rate was when we did our February Wish trip. We only used it for one-way to get to the port from the airport, but I was able to see the round trip price in my options and it was the same rate going there as going back.

Yes. I’m pretty sure that’s what we paid in October. We had boarding group 5 from POFQ. Took our time getting off the ship with the second breakfast to get on bus to MCO. Our flight didn’t leave until 7:50pm so I booked a day room at the MCO Hyatt. Worth every penny to not have to sit around airport all day.

Correcting this. Apparently not necessarily anymore. :frowning: Makes me sad. It I’d known that - and if I had a reliable way to get to Port Canaveral from MCO (haven’t driven since 2006 - not doing it in a rental car in the Orlando area) the day prior, I’d just stay somewhere closer to the port. But what’s done is done so I’ll chill at Music the day before my November cruise.

1 Like

We took the bus from MCO in Feb. We were on the 2nd one out and just as we pulled in, there were about 4-5 other busses just behind us all pulling within a minute of when we did. I didn’t ask anyone getting off of those busses, but since that’s where the other DCL busses come from, that’s where I’d wager they were from. And once boarding group 1 was called they called a new group every other minute, and everyone who was there that early was coming on a bus so I felt it was all very efficiently managed. So you may just yet be able to get in on an earlier end. At any rate, you’re sure to be ahead of those taking their own transportation.

1 Like

It was like that in October. When did that change that Disney resorts weren’t assigned the earliest PATs?

Someone on the DIS reported that recently their bus didn’t leave WDW until 10:30.

We see no reason to be on the ship early. For our RCCL Cruise we chose 12:30, which was great. We got on board, ate something, then our room was ready pretty quickly.

1 Like

The first MCO bus didn’t leave until 10:20am and the second (the one we were loaded to) 10:35am. When I called to add transportation on (because we only needed it one way) I asked the DCL agent what time they would leave so I would know how long we were hanging around the airport (we took a red eye that got in at 5:50am) and they mentioned that their port terminal time had gotten pushed back recently and they couldn’t have any busses showing up before 11:15am. Our bus arrived at 11:23am with a group of 4-5 other DCL shuttles from somewhere else. We were among the first people in the terminal and it was very quick and efficient in & onto the ship.

2 Likes

Interesting. Maybe taking away the at-port testing is the difference.

1 Like

Maybe. All I know is sometime close to the end of last year before I called to book the transportation I started seeing chatter among cruise FB groups (general not specific sailing groups) that even Platinum CC members were getting later than expected PATs. Then I called to book our shuttle one-way and since it was my first time doing the shuttle I had no idea what the process was so I asked the agent to walk me through where to be, what time, etc. And her first thing was oh “we recently got a new port termincal time so we can’t have any busses showing up before 11:15am” to then explain to me that no one would be staffed at the airport until at least 10am (but that was also incorrect cuz we walked up at 9:40am and they already had assigned everyone sitting around to the first bus and we just barely missed being on that first bus LOL)

Gotcha.

Hmm… I may need to budget for a different resort the night before now. Just to have more options or at least a more comfy place to chill than Music.

Question…and this is totally unrelated to this thread, but I don’t think it warrants bothering for a separate thread…but do you happen to know if you can bypass the “announcement” of your arrival on the ship?

In Vlogs, I always see that when people board, they announce the family coming in. Really would like to avoid that if it is possible.

1 Like