Friendship Boats in Epcot & Boat to WL

Okay, I have questions about boats because I’m not on a boat.

1. which launches are currently being used in WS lagoon and what path/paths do they run? On the transportation page of WDW, there are five launches: international gateway, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and Morocco. There is no other information about them other than locations. Plus, I haven’t been able to see pictures of them at all. What size are the boats, and are the accessible?

2. what size is the boat from MK to WL? Are the accessible?

Any recent info would be great.

1 Like

I’ve seen boats running from (near) Canada to France but not the other side. Boats are running at IG to all EC area resorts and HS. All of these are accessible. Size…??? boat size… :rofl: many rows of seating inside w/ a EVC/wheelchair area. I’ve not been on the boat between MK and WL in a year so I don’t remember much about it.

2 Likes

The one currently operating inside EP goes from the dock near Canada to the dock near Morocco, and back. It runs continuously during the day. The one on the other side, going from Mexico to Germany, has not run for a few years.

2 Likes

When you say accessible, are you talking about the boats to the EC resorts, or both those and the ones inside EC?

1 Like

Thanks, that lines up with what I have read from 2019 & 2020 posts.

Yes the boats in EC and to the resorts, BW, BC, YC, Swan, HS are all accessible

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Those are the style boats between WL and MK and they are WC accessible.

3 Likes

Thank you! I knew that some boats are not, like the fireworks cruise. I don’t mind that one, because presumably they will go right back to where we take off from. I, however, would not want to go to a different spot in EP without my ECV, or go to WL without it.

1 Like

Worst case scenario with WL is you can take the bus to/from MK, but to my knowledge they only run those larger boats there now. There are smaller nonaccessible boats on the MK-GF-Poly route, but they are in circulation with those larger ones like to WL so you may just need to wait a boat.

1 Like

This. Some of the boats they run from WL to MK are not accessible because you need to step down into the boat, strollers need to be folded, etc. They are open top so you can tell right away. I mostly saw those in the morning when they are trying to get people to park open, with an accessible boat running the loop as well so it would switch off. You may need to wait one boat but the run is short and so boats come fairly often.

3 Likes

When we were at Wilderness Lodge the end of March they had two different types of boats, smaller (not wheelchair/ scooter accessible) & a larger boat which was accessible. If you missed one boat the other boat was coming shortly.

3 Likes