French Quarter - Garden View

This my first stay at POFQ. I have been researching Standard options for a while, but now with the Disney+ promotion I have a Garden View room.

I am thinking Building 5 somewhere in between 5141 and 5148. Nice view and super close to the main building as well as the buses.

Thoughts about best rooms to request?

1 Like

I haven’t done garden view before but for this trip I’ve requested building 6 facing building 5 as my first choice, followed by 5 facing 6, 2 facing 1 and 1 facing 2. Some of the garden view rooms look like they have a pretty crappy view.

So do the river view rooms actually, which is why I didn’t end up booking that. We had a gorgeous view last trip and if I knew I’d definitely get it again I would 100% have booked it.

1 Like

I’ve never done a Garden View, but I stayed in Building 1 and it felt like it was miles away from the lobby and buses with our two little kids at the time. (It was really quite close compared to other resorts though.) Building 5 or 4 are the best location wise, IMO - close to Food Court / Bus. If you’re using a car, Building 1 or 7 would work well.

I can’t speak to views - aren’t all the rooms exterior entry, so your view would be over a balcony?

Yes… exterior entry. I always ask for a ground floor so I am looking at 4/5 and super close the building.

The “view” from the front section of Building 5 seems to be slightly nicer than 4, but not significantly so … according to the pictures in TPs room finder.

In 2019 we had a lovely river view in building 6. I check in tomorrow at POFQ with what is supposed to be a garden view. I asked for building 4 or 3. I will let you know what building we get and how the view is.

2 Likes

I’ve stayed in 4315 at POFQ. It was a standard view, but faced the garden area and was very close to the bus stop. It felt like a garden view at a standard price, and was very close. The bus stop is to the left side (north side) of the main entrance, exactly where the symbol is on TP’s map. The QS and lounge are also on the left side of the entry, while the front desk and gift shop are on the right.

1 Like

I was going with Standard, but today’s Disney+ deal moved me up to Garden View for less $ than Standard.

2 Likes

Yes, I caught that. The same building 4 also has garden view rooms. They were just facing the other way, or were in the further wing and faced the same garden our room did. Building 4 is just handy for the other things I mentioned.

1 Like

That’s a lovely row, we stayed in the last room 4319? Next to the stairs. I requested it again last trip but we were upgraded to river view. I had to get garden or river this time for the U.K. dining offer or I’d have requested it again.

1 Like

We stayed in building six (6319) and had a lovely view. We didn’t feel like it was far to the main building/pool and it was super quiet.

1 Like

If you have to pay extra it’s not worth it. We had a garden view but all I saw was a parking lot. When I called the front desk, they asked if I “could see lawn w/ the little black fence in front of the parking lot?:” “Yes”… that’s the garden.

1 Like

Standard was available with the D+ discount today when I checked. Fyi in case you want to save a few $.

Hmmm, I am already saving $240 from my original booking. I will take a look at what the price difference is from Garden View to see if it is worth reaching out to my TA again.

$71 cheaper. Sent an email to my TA.

Thank you @LTinNC82!!

2 Likes