French or British?

I made ADR for dinner at Chefs because we wanted to try a new place. DDs have mentioned how much they enjoyed Rose and Crown last trip. Is Chef worth it or should I switch to R&C because I know we’ll like it? Is it possible to see Illunimations from R&C if timed right?

I haven’t eaten at either but I did a ton of research on watching Illuminations from the Rose & Crown before making my ADRs. The consensus seemed to be that watching Illuminations from their patio tables is spectacular. You have to make your ADR for about 1.5 hours before Illuminations, and take your chances for getting a table. Alternatively, you can take any table and when Illuminations starts you’re welcome to get up and go outside to a little area off to the side of the patio and watch from there. I did manage to get a prime 7:15 seating time for my group, but I had to give it up when we changed plans for the day. If you end up doing it, I’d love to hear how it turns out.

1 Like

The Illuminations viewing at R&C was fantastic, and we really enjoyed the food. We had a 7:30 ADR and I told them we would wait for a table on the patio - we waited less than 15 minutes. Had a fabulous view!

I was not impressed with the food at Chefs, but enjoyed interacting with Remy, who isn’t there anymore. It will be a while before we go back to Chefs.

1 Like

I haven’t eaten at either, but I’m English so I vote British :wink:

1 Like

I was very unimpressed by Chefs. While I have not had dinner at R&C, I did do the wind down. I thought the Scotch egg was delicious! I loved all of the beer (nothing unusual, just typical imports and a hard cider), too. I definitely plan to book dinner there is possible for our next trip.

1 Like

I had lunch at Chef’s and found it incredible. So much so that I will be reserving it again for my next trip! I had the penne with gruyere. I can’t speak for dinner though and I don’t know how you can beat an illuminations view at lake level, but I do highly recommend LC!

1 Like