Freestyle mug questions

Lots of questions…
Can you refill the freestyle mugs at any quick service location that has fountain drinks, or can they only be filled at the freestyle machines?
Are you allowed in the restaurants to fill your mug, if you don’t have a mobile order? Do you still wait in the normal line?
If you select the dining plan with the mug, could you still pick any other drink with your meal?
What if the location you are using the dining plan at doesn’t have a Freestyle machine?
Are the cards with the mug and without the mug different?
I wasn’t planning at eating at any of the restaurants that has a freestyle machine, so could it make sense to buy the mug separate from the dining plan?
Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Can you refill the freestyle mugs at any quick service location that has fountain drinks, or can they only be filled at the freestyle machines?

Yes, you just hand your cup over. Or at least you did pre-covid. I forget what they did in August.

Are you allowed in the restaurants to fill your mug, if you don’t have a mobile order? Do you still wait in the normal line?

I wouldn’t go to a full service restaurant just to get a refill. I have read that the ones in the park will refill your cup. But, I can’t say from personal experience. We drank water with food and soda while walking around.

If you select the dining plan with the mug, could you still pick any other drink with your meal?

If you pick the dining plan with the mug, you get one less snack/bev. Note, the snack and bev credits are combined into one bucket. So, you don’t want to use them on any drink that isn’t expensive like Butterbeer. Some meals come with a drink, but that is something totally different.

What if the location you are using the dining plan at doesn’t have a Freestyle machine?

Me, I just made sure to fill up beforehand. Areas that don’t have them are the HP areas and Simpsons. HP because JK hates coke and it would clash with the theming.

Are the cards with the mug and without the mug different?

You get one more snack on the regular one that isn’t freestyle. The freestyle plan is worthwhile on the first day but after that it is better to buy the refill separately.

I wasn’t planning at eating at any of the restaurants that has a freestyle machine, so could it make sense to buy the mug separate from the dining plan?

The freestyle machines are just scattered thoughout the park.

2 Likes

Is the freestyle one for the Icees also? I get confused which includes thoses.

1 Like

Yes! I love getting it filled at “Moose Juice Goose Juice” - The Goose Juice is super tart green apple… Yum!

1 Like

I like getting a combo of Diet Coke and the Orange Icee.

In the Seuss area, we use the freestyle machine next to the Moose Juice stand to get Diet Coke. Dump that into a spare cup. Get the Moose Juice line and ask for an orange icee. Her machine doesn’t seem to be able to tell when you last used the cup. Then we dump half the orange icee into a third cup for DD. I drink the half-half, and DH prefers the straight Diet Coke.

Bring your own straws though. They give you 3 paper straws because they know they’ll disintegrate.

1 Like