Framing Animation Experience art work

If anyone has framed your artwork from the Animation Experience, what type/size frames did you use?

1 Like

Great Question! I had planned on doing this too when I get to go back and do AE. Hopefully someone knows.

I frame numerous items and typically go to Michael’s. A basic custom frame w/ one or two matting costs about $80 - $100, but it looks so nice!

For this though, as I’m a terrible artist, I’d like an inexpensive solution.

1 Like

Hobby Lobby just had 50% off frames, although it may have ended. But they have some decent enough cheap frames I got for about $5 each. Then I bought a large sheet of matting board and cut the mats myself.

1 Like

I bought the frame Disney sells at Rafiki’s planet watch. I think it was $40, less my 20% discount
. Not only did I love the frame, it meant my sketch would survive my day in the park unscathed.

6 Likes

What do they give you to store it in if you don’t buy a frame?

Nothing – you just have the piece of paper that is your artwork. You also can buy a tube at the shop if you don’t want to buy the frame

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

The problem I’m having is that the paper measures 10.5" x 12.5", so finding a frame has been difficult.

Get an 11 by 14 frame, and cut your own mat. You can mat over part of the actual image itself since there is plenty of empty space at the top/bottom if you want the mat itself to be equal on all sides.

I found 11x14 frames for about $10, but they were 50% off, so I got them for about $5. You can buy a huge sheet of mat board for $12, but then Hobby Lobby always has a 40% off a single item coupon you can find on their website, so really more like $8. I used one sheet to mat 6 pictures (2 8x10 and 4 11x14).

1 Like

I’ll have to take a look at what Michael’s has to offer. Thank you for the idea.

Yeah I had looked for frames too and none were that exact size. A darker color mat would look good, maybe even a little bigger like 12 x 16 so it looks like it’s supposed to be like that. You could even write some info on the mat, like the date etc.

They do not give you anything however, you are able to buy a cardboard tube for a couple of bucks that you can put your art in to keep it safe until you get home. Its pretty much a heavy duty paper towel tube with platic caps. Ours are still in the tube from when we did them in Oct 2019 :joy::joy:

1 Like

I should have done this, but I had no intentions to display them until I thought about it recently.