FPPs — could @ryan1 be right?

The paid for FP options will still give onsite guests the advantage. In other words, they will be able to buy them at 60 days out. Those staying offsite will be able to buy them at 30 days out. All subject to availability, of course.

WDW will still want to give incentives for people to stay onsite. Any levelling of the playing field will be relative.

2 Likes

My misunderstanding. I was strictly speaking of DLR and their system.

The majority of guests stay offsite at DLR or are day guests. There are only around 3,000 onsite rooms. While offering some incentives to stay onsite at DLR like DCA EMH, DLR is much less interested in keeping people onsite because it is simply not possible.

1 Like

Remember Maxpass includes photopass for the day so subtract that cost from your total.

I love Max Pass it does benefit those who rope drop.

I agree with the original premise. I hopped into FOP at the end of the night. Once the last FP people cleared through, the line barely stopped moving. Made a 50 min wait much more satisfying!

3 Likes

You don’t have to pay for MaxPass to use FP at DLR. You have to pay to book on your phone; however, the FPs booths are still free to use for every guest with a valid ticket. Complimentary FP works as well as it always had for my family (we’ve been using FP at DLR for 20 years).

MaxPass enables the guest to book faster because they can do it on their phone as soon as they have checked into a ride and it enables you to book when you are back at the hotel taking a break. I can see why it worth it to families with young kids who don’t want to run all over the park or people touring both parks over 1 day.

3 Likes

Right, if you want the photos, it is actually a good deal. My family never buys Memory Maker or PhotoPass outright so I didn’t think about this.

If you don’t care about PhotoPass and you hate upcharges, you can still use FP for free by walking to the FP booths and scanning your park admission ticket.

Kids these days have it so easy. Back when my sister and I were younglings, we walked to FP booths. Also, up hill both ways and in the snow :wink:

7 Likes

I actually liked MaxPass because you have to check into the park first. I had a distinct advantage entering the parks when they opened compared to my sister and her family who slept in and didn’t get to the park until noon. FPP at 60 days out is ridiculous. Folks are literally planning their park days around when they can get a FP. That doesn’t work for me, so I for one think it’s ridiculous!
Don’t even get me started on the tiered system, especially at DHS. Ugh!

4 Likes

Did I miss the post about how your recent trip went? Hope it went great!

During my first half dozen or so trips in the 70s and 80s, I had to walk uphill, both way, to the standby lines… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Walk? We didn’t walk, we ran. In 100 degree heat with 100% humidity. And we were thankful.

3 Likes

Uphill, both ways, I’m sure!

1 Like

What I don’t like is how some can get their FPPs before 60 days. Isn’t that true for some club level reservations?

Yes. CL guests can pay $50 per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days, to book extra FPs at 90 days out from check-out day.

So they do pay a hefty premium to book the extra.

Wow! That is a hefty price! For a minimum of $150 (3 days), each Club Level person gets to reserve the 3 FPPs/day (with same Tier 1 allotment as the average visitor) at 90 days. Do they get additional daily FPPs (beyond the 3) to book at 90 days also?

Tiers do not apply to club level fastpasses. They can also be booked in multiple parks.

They get a total of 6 on the days that they have purchased the extra 3.

1 Like

You get the 3 that everyone gets (though booked at 90 days instead of 60 so much better availability) each day PLUS the 3 you can buy each day (also booked at 90 days out, and they do not have tiers or park restrictions). So each day you have 6 to start. You can also book same day FPP once you have used your 3 original (non CL) FPP. For us, we are staying Club level for the first time between Christmas and New Years to be able to get these extras during the busiest time of year. You cannot book your regular FPP at 90 days unless you have bought the extras for the day, so say you had a day where you did not want to buy CL FPP, so that day you would have to book during your normal 60 day window.
It is expensive, but we are paying for this instead of paying for Disney After Hours and early morning events, as those do not occur during the holiday week. Club level rooms at the new Gran Destino tour at CSR are also quite a bit cheaper than at the deluxe hotels. We hope it will be worth it for this one trip. Just for Hollywood Studios alone it seems worth it to us, there is no other way to guarantee FPP for RNRC, TOT, SDD and TSMM these days. Can’t rope drop them because we need to rope drop both Star Wars rides, one each day.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I can see the value during super busy times especially if you have to go at those times. Also there are some attractions you have to ride or you feel you haven’t had your Disney experience fulfilled. However, as I get older, avoiding crowds is my top priory, and that’s getting harder to do every year.

1 Like

Yep. And heat. Heat even more than crowds…

1 Like

My FPP window opens tomorrow and I can 100% agree that it’s becoming a confusing mess! Especially now that our trip is in the window of EEMH and 6/9 days of our trip have MNSSHP. The normally (for a long-time TP liner, I guess) simple and quick process has completely muddled my brain!