FPP for Shows?

I am wondering what the FPP gets you for shows. When I optimize my Animal Kingdom plan it suggests getting a FPP for FotLK. Does it get you guaranteed good seats or something? We have the same thing at DHS for Fantasmic.

Side note: we are going in September right after Labor Day with super low crowds (or at least that is what the projection shows)

Special seating area, but yo still have to arrive early enough to tap in during the FPP window. It doesn’t allow you to walk in at the last minute.

For that reason, since priority seating is not a concern for me, I don’t ever do a show FPP unless I need it for a tier 2 or unless I just want to because I like snagging fastpasses and there happened to be one available.

3 Likes

Thanks, that is helpful

1 Like

Because we had 2 days where I used FPP in AK, I did get a FPP one day for Finding Nemo. We did get seating up front and in the bubble zone for the bubbles at the end of the show. Another level of amazement for the 1 and 3 year old DGDs. The second day, we had FPP for FotLK. Front rows were already filled with people who had the special dining packages. We have found that depending on the day, FPP for FotLK guarantees that you get in. Even with the FPP and getting in line in the first half of the fast pass time, we still had to go up almost half way up the bleachers.

1 Like

Similar experience. The FP window generally ends 15 min before the show begins. And that’s frequently when regular seating begins. The FP typically gets you either special area seating or seat selection before regular seating.

If you book advance FP for shows, you can’t overlap with another FP window, and that includes both the 15 min show FP and the duration of the show. (Ex 1130-1145 FP for a show 12-1230 blocks you from booking another FP 1130-1230)

The above is for “set” showtimes (generally these have a 15 min FP window). Continuous shows like Muppets generally have a 1 hour FP window and you go to front of line for next show, similar to a ride FP.

2 Likes

Just a word of caution with FOTLK. The FPP is on the side close to TH. It’s not well marked and in the baking sun. It was long and I assumed it was SB. Turns out it wasn’t so we went to the left to the shaded SB line. We got in but couldn’t sit together. So be sure you get in the right line and don’t show up last minute or you might not get seats together.

1 Like

And once, without FPP, we were in the SB line and ended up with standing room only spots, standing at the very top of the bleachers. I was so tired and wanted to sit down so badly. I didn’t even enjoy the show, I just wanted it to end so that I could go sit down. No reflection on the show.

1 Like

Did… did you… did you really just spoil the show ending for me???

2 Likes

Oh, no! I should have said, spoiler alert.
When they seat you, they tell you that you are sitting in the bubble zone.
Just wanted to point out the possible value of that FPP.

1 Like

2 Likes