FPP for New Year Fireworks at MK

I am wondering if there will be FPP for the New Year fireworks on 12/30. We will be in MK that day. We have a 6 day total trip planned so using a FP for preferred seating is not a worry for me on that day.

Good question! I know people say not to use FP for fireworks because it ties one up at the end of the day, but I think it makes a lot of sense on a super crowded day like 12/30. It might be something that you have to watch for news about in the weeks before your FP window opens. I wouldn’t be surprised if they add some sort of premium dessert party with New Year’s fireworks viewing too.

1 Like

I bet you are right on a new premium option popping up for New Year’s Eve!

1 Like

I’m also voting on a sick-expensive premium event for NYE FW. The way they are sucking dollars out of people on premium events, it wouldn’t surprise me if they made the entire MK a ticketed event for an unprecedented price. And they would still sell it out…

1 Like

Our family is planning on being at MK on New Year’s Eve too. I imagine it will be pretty crazy. What do you get to do on such a busy day?

Haven’t been at WDW on a major holiday, but based on DL you get to experience the following:

• The excitement of being there that day
  • The Holiday decorations
  • The three rides you have FPPs for
  • A meal that you have an ADR for
  • Waiting in SB lines for over an hour for an attraction you would normally wait 10 min for - or wouldn’t do at all
  • Finding QS lines that are so long, you have a hard time figuring out where they actually end.
  • As sea of people that you “move with” and hope it takes you somewhere you want to be.
  • Great Fireworks
  • An (mostly) alcohol-free NYE (which may be good or bad, depending on your preferences).

Personally, I would not go to WDW on NYE if I was offered a free trip. If I “had” to go, I would go to EP rather than the MK; there’s lots to see/do in WS and adult beverages are available to calm the nerves when crowd induced claustrophobia threatens to bring on an anxiety attack…

1 Like

@Oregon_Princess we are planning to do MK on the 30th and EP on the 31st. We are staying on property and plan to do AM EMH at MK on the 30th, which should be at 7:00 am according to last year, taking a mid day break and coming back later in the evening for fireworks. I know MK will probably go to Phase 2 closures that day but we are on site and have an ADR at MK that evening so that should help. EP absorbs crowds much better than MK so that is why we are planning EP for the 31st. Our kids are older (11 and 14) and we know it will be crazy crowded that night. We know we will only get to ride our 3 FPP rides but there will be music, dance parties and FIREWORKS!

1 Like